Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Through being cool?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Mar 7, 2021.

1. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

The number one thing that isn't cool, is being old. So we're all past cool.... (well, most of us on here)

mad mikey, Blues4U and guthriesmith like this.
  2. glonco

glonco
    from monte lake

One thing at a time. The hours and hours that you spend on your hot rod that no one ever sees. THATS EFFIN COOL. Get it drivable and enjoy. Its not about paint chrome and money. Coxy

mad mikey likes this.
  3. TCATTC

TCATTC

The definition of cool changes as we age. Or does it evolve?

4. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

People who ain't Kool when they are old weren't Kool when they were young
    Age has nothing to do with being Kool...........

Couple of Kool old guys singing some of the Koolest old songs ever

Clint Eastwood is 90 and Willie Nelson 87 ........and I still think they are Kool.:p

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    milwscruffy likes this.
  5. Kool is as Kool does, white "T" shirts and jeans is Kool, Old men in Bermuda shorts is not Kool. Roper boots is Kool , shower shoes is not Kool. Rayban shades is Kool, Aviator shades is not Kool. 3 guys in the front seat is not Kool, 2 in front and 1 shotgun is Kool.

6. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

7. aircap

aircap

Anyone mention the old Devo tune, "We're through being cool"?

31 B'ville likes this.
  8. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For the OP. Sort out how you will get what ever you are building titled and registered before spending another cent otherwise you'll just have another worthless pile wasting away in your shed, that aint cool no matter how it looks :)

mad mikey likes this.
  9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I may be old, but I'm still cool.... :D
    194975654_10158094470280448_7244292817142778190_n.jpg

mad mikey, olscrounger and Paul like this.
  10. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Back to the original post in this thread, talking about agonizing over what may or may not be cool, you see some guys just kind of throw cars together out of a pile of parts they've assembled, and they turn out cool AF. For some guys everything they build is cool. Or it's cool to us. Some idiot on facebook has been posting a bunch of photos of a monstrosity POS he's building, taking a very nice traditional looking Model A and pulling the traditionally dressed SBC and stuffing an LS into it with backward installed headers even, to him it's cool. Whaddya gonna do?

mad mikey likes this.
  11. That and saying "awesome"

ekimneirbo and The37Kid like this.
  12. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder! :D

Truthfully, what is cool to one guy may not be to the next guy, it's a personal thing, if you like it that's all that should matter. HRP

mad mikey likes this.
  13. spanners

spanners

You can feel as cool as you like right up to the moment your 4 y.o. grandaughter tells you you're a dag.

14. I am not cool anymore I guess. :( Just an old bad ass prick.:D

15. twenty8

twenty8

If you are truly cool, you would know that no-one else would know what the hell they were talking about. How can they appreciate how cool you are if they can't even be bothered to listen when you explain it to them.............:rolleyes::confused:o_O

(I am trying to work out if 'truly cool' should actually be 'truly kool'. Anyone in the club that can check the handbook for the rule ???)

16. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Lol, isn't the epitome of cool, not caring whether anyone thinks you or your stuff is cool?!?! Most of the people I know think I'm crazy to own old cars and wood boats. They thin they're COOL, but they also know how much work they can be. Especially the wood boat. That thing makes cars seem easy. Imagine if you had to repaint your car every 5-6 years!