Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Cars of Jack Slaymaker

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Cars of Jack Slaymaker

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

slim38, catdad49, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Where is that cash when I need it? I'd gladly take any/all of those beauties! Love the '34 especially.

Stogy and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  3. Being less than four hours away from me, i will definitely be in attendance. I'm sure there will be lots of "speculators" down there to bid against me, but, there will be lots of early speed equipment for guys with pockets not too deep (like me) that will still have a great day, in the great outdoors

Stogy likes this.
  4. fargoguy

fargoguy

Jack Slaymaker had the kind of eye I do- i like everything he built. That Kaiser is awesome!

Stogy likes this.

5. RAREBIKE

RAREBIKE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack was an amazing and kind individual who was willing to share his knowledge on automobiles and provided many leads to me for many a purchase. He has been been gone for a few years now but will not be forgotten.

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

How many other cars were sold before the auction ? Pictures of those. One was discussed here on the HAMB. Was in a movie from the 50`s.

Stogy, tractorguy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. vinfab

vinfab

Jack was one of my travelling companions in our trip to the L.A. Roadster show years back. One of the most knowledgeable people I have ever met with a keen eye for vintage hotrods and the resources to acquire them. But Jack was an eclectic individual whos tastes sometimes defy logic. As an example, he would often pull a home built boat and trailer behind the roadster pickup ( God knows were he found it). The boat was a piece of galvanized barn roofing tin rolled up to a vee in the front with a piece of angle iron to secure the two sides together and a piece of plywood across the back for a stern . R.I.P. Jack.

catdad49, rod1, loudbang and 5 others like this.
  8. Dyce

Dyce

His wife and brother have been selling cars and parts for a while now. He had much more. My father in law was a good friend with Jack and purchased this roadster pickup a while back.
    I looked on my phone for a picture but I don't have a picture. I know of a chopped 32 3window (posted here a few times) and a neat chopped 36 3 window that were sold. I think I have pictures of the 36 on an old phone.
    He also had a huge toy collection. He collected just about everything! He was a neat man.

Stogy, tractorguy, stanlow69 and 2 others like this.
  9. I assume Dennis is his brother?

Stogy and Moriarity like this.
  10. Dyce

Dyce

Yep you knew Jack alright! I really liked his model a panel truck. The roadster pickup had all kinds of trinkets on it from a long reach rear view mirror, fake pipes on the hood to a running board luggage rack.

Stogy likes this.
  11. Dyce

Dyce

Yes.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Sorry to hear of Jack's passing. I've spoken with Dennis a few times but never met Jack

Stogy likes this.
  13. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love the History and glad to see it all making it's way out there...Jack passes the Torch...RIP Hotrodder...The World of Vintage Hotrod was friggen cool...It may have Heavy Roots in Cali but the Worldy evolution never disappoints...thanks @J.Ukrop...Additional thanks to all the others sharing stories who knew this near Neighbor to us Southern Ontario'ns

vinfab likes this.
  14. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

I have an old hot rod that came from Jack a few years back and was originally built in Southern California sometime between 1969 and 1971. It was a daily driver and driven all over the country to the Street rod National events up until the early 80's. It is one of the ones I will never sell, Jack had a knack for finding and acquiring Many cool old hot rods and projects over the years.

vinfab likes this.
  15. Deadbird

Deadbird

I'm not a Mercury guy, but man that chopped Merc is tough!

slim38 likes this.
  16. Great cars and a great variety of parts and toys. I don’t hear anyone lamenting that they have to disperse of his hoard/collection. It seems to have invigorated a lot of us to be able to see and maybe even purchase a treasure. It should be a fun day, hopefully there is some coverage after the sale for those of us that can’t attend.