Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville Speedweek 2021 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tman, Feb 17, 2021.

1. I wouldn't try riding from Lands End out to the pits and I can click off a Century off the couch. Plus, the traffic is crazy going onto the Salt. Very Mad max. Good way to get your ass ran over.

loudbang, lurker mick and y'sguy like this.
  2. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

okay, I appreciate your advice. Sounds like my plan won't work. Hafta consider the hard fact of cleaning up the rental afterwards.
    I usta could do a century, but nows im just old.

loudbang and Tman like this.
  3. Many folks will coordinate and catch a ride from the bend. Just park there

loudbang, y'sguy and lurker mick like this.
  4. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

Tman, okay, thanks. We're newbies on the trip so we are just trying to figure out the best way for ourselves. The bend and bumming a ride sounds like a decent option.

loudbang likes this.
  5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Tman is right, but, be careful, you get dropped at the start line, its 3 miles to the pits, and also you need to get a ride back to the Bend,, and in the afternoon traffic is light back to the Bend.
    And rental cars on the salt is everyday, rent a car at home, have a nice ride to Bonneville and clean it when you get home, you will appreciate it,,,
    I say this from experience,, I was with a team photographing and when the car left the line, the team headed to retrieve them,, and there I was standing on the start line,,,,,, last time I went to the salt without some kind of transportation

A Boner, loudbang, y'sguy and 2 others like this.
  6. BTTT, we are barely over TWO months away! This thing is going to sneak up on us with a vengeance. Glad I don't have a car thrash going.

Nailhead Jason and loudbang like this.
  7. Wrapping up major updates on the 39 to make the trek there. Cant wait for it!!

8. Rynothealbino

Rynothealbino

We have not had problems running a rental out on the salt. You can easily put 50 miles a day just going back and forth on the salt as a spectator. Plus runs to town, air conditioning / shade breaks in the car. Walking / bumming a ride would be tough and very limiting in my opinion. Just cover the floors and pedal in plastic bags, towels, floor protectors, etc. And bring a couple rolls of quarters for the vacuum and self service wash at the West Wendover Sinclair. Also it's probably best not to wear automotive or Bonneville related clothing at the rental place.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  9. JimSibley

JimSibley

I will do my best to be there, with my little pit car.

Attached Files:

A Boner, curbspeed, rod1 and 6 others like this.
  10. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

I will be there helping out in Tech again, as well as hanging at the bend in the road. still dont have the racecar done so it will be another year of dreaming

Ron Funkhouser, loudbang and Tman like this.
  11. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Were getting ready for Bonneville here's a short video of a soft pull testing our Supercharged 292 cube Flathead Ford and transmission. Engine machined and built by my son and I. Our car is also a back yard build beside my son a few member's of the Ct Street Rod Assoc car club helped no pro shops needed.
    Ronnieroadster

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  12. Dayam, that sounds good!

loudbang likes this.
  13. Sounds REAL GOOD!

loudbang likes this.
  14. N49racer

N49racer

Got the guys together for June 19 to see if we can remember how to get this thing fired up. We are getting ready for racing. We have 3 chances to make it over the border. If nothing else we'll get to make some noise and piss off the neighbors :D

loudbang likes this.
  15. N49racer

N49racer

LOVE THAT CAR

loudbang likes this.
  16. Hope you guys can make it!

loudbang likes this.
  17. Jethro

Jethro
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I can get my second jab and the border reopens the Vanguard Hotel , bar and grill may show up at the bend! 20190809_175813.jpg

dwollam, y'sguy, Jet96 and 5 others like this.
  18. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Ron, I am planning on getting my '32 3W on salt this year and camp at bend in the road if you want to caravan to Bonneville ? I know Brian and Melanie are putting something together as well.
    I like to get there the Friday before racing starts and stay through Tuesday usually.
    11DE7438-7747-438F-A549-524E9DAD5A02.JPG

Dog_Patch, dwollam, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  19. Sounds like we may be helping Don run his Stude this year.
    [​IMG]

mctim64, Dog_Patch, curbspeed and 3 others like this.
  20. A Boner

A Boner

21. IMG_1905.JPG Just to let all you HAMBERS know that Hotrodarama 2021 is a full go and then we will be heading to Hot August Nights and then to Bonneville Speedweek. Join us if ya wanna do three events in two weekends!!! www.hotrodarama.us I will be on the salt again!! Registration for HRAR is open until July 16th only. After that you are out of luck. Get busy!

mctim64, Dog_Patch, Jet96 and 3 others like this.
  22. This could work based on what I get time off from work if any. Get ahold of me as we get closer.

I may have to choose between Pendleton and Salt. Still waiting to hear approval from work on what kind of time I have since I will be hitting my 6 months at the new job. Keep you posted.

23. Well, I can guarantee you a whopping good time in Pendleton pal!

loudbang likes this.
  24. I was hoping to hit Bonneville this year.. not in the cards..

loudbang likes this.
  25. Looks like Tom and I are open and spectating again. Don is pushing his trip back to World of Speed. If we run across a team that needs some help that is fine. This is a recon mission since Tom has never been on the Salt.

mctim64 and loudbang like this.
  26. Rynothealbino

Rynothealbino

It's pretty exciting when they start to release updates on the salt condition...

loudbang and Tman like this.
  27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to wear proper protective clothing & hat for those Sun filled days 20210630_132551.jpg

28. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Couple more engines are ready. Testing soon in Maine.

Attached Files:

29. "Wally"

"Wally"

Were pretty much all set, just a couple of small details to wrap up. Got the 2.47 gears in and the water/methanol injection installed. Punk Ass Roadster.jpg Leaving for the "Salt" on Aug.6th. Want to invite any other H.A.M.B. members to stop by our pit or the start line and say hello, maybe share a cold one at the end of the day! Were pretty easy to find, just look for our fire truck hauler.
    P1080839.JPG

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
  30. timeflies

timeflies
    from Guthrie OK

I’ve been 5 times and that’s not enough! Was talking to a HAMB today about going again.

y'sguy likes this.