Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Risers on flathead ford carburetor’s

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by robert graves, May 31, 2021.

1. robert graves

robert graves

Will putting 4” risers under Holley 94 carburetors affect starting or performance of a flathead ford 59a engine , 3/4 race cam set up .060 overbore Navarro heads and crab style distributor , intake is a offenhauser dual carburetor style

2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just curious; what kind of dual manifold? "Super" (carbs directly over the two sets of intake ports, "Regular" (carbs evenly spaced but closer together, or "Biased" (front carb in almost the stock location with the other behind it. Also, are you planning on running straight or progressive linkage?

loudbang likes this.
  3. robert graves

robert graves

I’ve got progressive linkage and evenly spaced carburetors

4. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Would you believe that my 40 has a plastic riser and it actually runs so cool that moisture condenses on the carb base but no problems. 452AAA7D-2F33-4D36-9540-90EB7A1EEE29.jpeg

loudbang and robert graves like this.
  5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just my opinion, but I don't think this is a good combination. You will have very uneven fuel distribution. In just about all cases, dual carbs run best with straight linkage. The only way I would attempt to run progressive with dual carbs would be with a "Biased" manifold with the front carb as the primary.

6. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

I made 2 on mine to keep carbs from boiling after running.Had 94's but later put 97's.No more boiling

dirty old man likes this.
  7. alchemy

alchemy

DSCN6343.JPG

I don't have added risers, but I have a tall intake. Mine runs just fine, but I wouldn't say it runs better than a regular short manifold. Sometimes I can feel ice cold on the carb bases and top runners of the intake. Mine has straight linkage.

patmanta likes this.