Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Purchase Parts From the UK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zooming46, May 31, 2021.

1. zooming46

zooming46

Thinking about purchasing some custom parts from a fabricator in the UK. Along with the cost of shipping comes import fees and customs fees. With this in mind I'm wondering what to expect when it comes to these extra charges, anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

2. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

what are the parts classified as? big things that will need a shipper or little things in a box?

3. brading

brading

What is the name of the UK fabricator and what parts are buying. Where are they being shipped to.

4. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If the parts are classified as "reproduction parts", the value is considerably lower. I have brought things back as luggage, stopped at customs, and as soon as I state they are reproduction parts. I've been told to just keep moving.

5. Ziggster

Ziggster

Last year I purchased a couple SS exhaust Y-piprs from the UK via eBay. No issues at all, and shipping was super quick. IIRC fees were minimal and of no consequence.

6. zooming46

zooming46

Thanks for all the replies. As for some of the questions asked, I'm looking at a pair of custom made Bomber Seats produced in the United Kingdom.

7. Interesting question. It would be even more interesting if we knew the destination.:confused:

8. brading

brading

The reason I asked who you were thinking of getting them from was to make sure they are a good supplier.