Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Remote ignition and acc terminals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junkyardjeff, May 31, 2021.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

When I wired up my 37 Chevy p/u I ran everything to the ignition switch but would like to have remote terminals that have a long enough bolt to attach what I want,right now I have too many wires going to the switch and need to put them on other terminals. GM used something like what I am looking for under the hood of some 80s vehicles but looking for one that is smaller and looks more correct for a 30s vehicle.

2. B9131D55-1D2D-4BAF-8DCC-9008CFCCD5FC.jpeg B9131D55-1D2D-4BAF-8DCC-9008CFCCD5FC.jpeg

I’ve used these guys in the past, can get them in multiple different lengths.

3. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

4. squirrel

squirrel

VANDENPLAS likes this.

5. I'd suggest using a couple relays powered by the ignition switch to power those accessory and ignition circuit connector blocks. That will take a load off the ignition switch.
    Here is a nice article to help with the details:
    https://watsons-streetworks.com/a-current-topic/

6. goldmountain

goldmountain

In addition to the terminal blocks, you need buss bars to hook them together.

1oldtimer likes this.
  7. I used buss bars in conjunction with a bank of relays to take loads off my switch. Only one wire coming off of each switch terminal then it branches out from the bars to go where they need to. This the best pic I have on hand IMG_4591.jpeg

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buss bar is one bar that you put a hot lead or ground lead to and run wires off. Those work good on boats or fiberglass cars.

Terminal blocks have connectors to hook individual lines to and work great when you Want a spot where you can disconnect wires if you need to. Buss bar.jpg Terminal strip.jpg

pprather and VANDENPLAS like this.
  9. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Now that I know what I am looking for will see if I can find some locally.

VANDENPLAS and TrailerTrashToo like this.
  10. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

11. Look at marine stores.