Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nat's East......York

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcsfabrication, May 23, 2021.

1. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1376.JPG Anybody else heading to York? IMG_1376.JPG

2. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Thinking about it ? Might just go for the day Saturday ? If I do any idea a good time to get there by ? Thanks

3. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saturday is the most crowded day. The place fills up pretty early, like around 8:30/9;00. But there's always plenty of space.

4. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Thank you , think Friday would be a better choice ?

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1757.JPG That is a hard YES!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I myself prefer Friday over Saturday. A bit more layed back. You will see more cars on Saturday though.

7. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Anyone care to share a link for the event, and/or more info?

Ya'll keep coming up with more events that I've never heard of (or forgotten about), and they're all a great excuse to get out of the house and see some cool rides! :D

8. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. ......June 4, 5 ,6. York expo Center. You gotta get out of the house more. This is the 47th year for this event!:) EAST-ARTWORK-2021B-1280x1770.png

10. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

I agree, I agree! The honey-do list doesn't get shorter that way, though. But, all work and no play, and all that. Thanks for the info!

11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

The Honey Do List is never ending and self generating in my experience. Sometimes you just have to say to swmbo
    I am going to be at this show on this date.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. I did 25 years in a row when I lived in NY

13. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last time I was there was probably mid 80s. Tried to get there the past two years.... Really looking forward to this!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Graystoke

Graystoke

Be sure you have good working windshield wipers. The long range forecast is for thunderstorms every day.:(

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Graystoke;
    It it a fact that it will rain in the east. When GG was in Rhinebeck the negative wavers called it "Rainbeck" it would piss me off but I just counted the good days and enjoyed it.

Pat

Jibs likes this.
  16. Wrench97

Wrench97

Looks like rain Friday nite through Sunday.......................................

17. Graystoke

Graystoke

Positive vibes !!:) The forecast has improved for Sat. & Sun., but keep the RainX handy for Friday.

18. ........Thanks for the update.

Elcohaulic and chevy57dude like this.
  19. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

York can have either extreme of weather, I've been sunburned and been up to the brim with rain. Hah, sometimes both on the same weekend. Dry is better!

20. I am planning on going, taking off work and getting the coupe ready now. Will most likely be there all 4 days.;)

21. ............So very true.:)

22. BACK UP. I need some test hits on the coupe. Looks like weather will cooperate. I have to get this done by Thursday morning. Hell YEEEEAAA, need to get out with my bad girl!:D

Hank37, Joe Blow, loudbang and 7 others like this.
  23. Thanks Steve. Trying to get her all sorted out, and get out there.:) Its been a long couple of months after the accident.

24. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Well, for the first time since 1995 I'm not gonna go to York.:(
    IMG_4546 (2).JPG
    These are the pals that have pretty faithfully gone with me. I was looking over our track record this morning and was surprised at some of the numbers as to who went and what he drove. It was carefully documented each year because you "earned" the one separate sleeping room; besides mine!:D:D; by developing seniority based on both the number of times you went and whether or not you drove your hot rod.;) It was just a fun thing that added to the usual BS that was always in abundance. We stayed at the same BnB all 25 years!!:) The owners were truly special people and spoiled us rotten!:) Sadly, 2020 was to be our last year as one of the grandchildren was getting married in the late summer of 2020 and the new couple would be living in the basement apartment we had enjoyed for so many years. Like so many things that were to happen in 2020; it just didn't happen so 2019 was our last year.
    We so enjoyed York that we started going up on Wednesday (via a little short cut I found--took an extra couple hours at least!:eek::D:D). We set up our tent at the host hotel Thursday morning and watched all the cars come in and generally had a great time doing nothing!;):D
    In looking at the numbers I noted the following:
    In the course of going 25 years, I drove 11 different cars and trucks. I missed driving only one year and that was due to another of our gang and I getting into a little friendly performance test wherein I caught him after he sandbagged me on the start... but about the time my big block tunnel ram chevy hit second; the fan managed to stretch just a tiny bit forward and touch the shroud that surrounds the radiator core:eek:. Then it got ugly!:eek:
    You know that with a louvered hood you can tell right away when something has gone wrong with the radiator?!:eek::D:D We couldn't fix the car in the two weeks before York so I rode with my competitor.;):)
    He went 22 years and drove 8 different cars over the 20 years he drove a hot rod... the other two he was building a new hot rod that wasn't quite ready to go so he swap meeted.;)
    The next two guys in seniority both went 20 years with one of them driving a hot rod every time spread out over 4 different cars and trucks. The other guy drove 16 times using two different cars and riding with one of us the other 4 years.
    The fifth guy went 17 years, driving the same truck 15 years and riding with one of us the other two years.
    Several others went with us over the years but the five mentioned had the longest streaks.
    Great times with many great memories.:)
    Next year we are all hoping to make the trip to York again.:)

25. Wow! That’s quite a record. Well done.

26. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Thanks for the kind words. We just enjoyed it so much we all did our best to get back there every year.
    IMG_3410.JPG
    This was our usual setup... in second row back from the front doors to the main exhibition hall. I think our tent was the only one with a vent... which was greatly needed to let the hot air... and sometimes other air:eek::D, out!!:D
    Some years others would add their tent to our gypsy setup but we were always accommodating and had great fun.
    All were welcome.:)

27. That is quite the record of appearances, Al. I've seen your set-up many times there, but never interrupted 'cause I'm kinda the shy type. Hope all of your pals can continue the tradition next year......Don.:)

28. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

NSRA_YORK__FRI_09__23_1.jpg
    One year we went all out on driving trucks; that's my chopped 40 pickup in the background with another of our gang's trucks. He got carried away with the idea of taking spare parts!!:eek::D:D
    He could start the spare engine in the truck bed.:D
    He hauled it all the way there with hopes of selling the spare engine and he did... to a guy that lived not far from his house!!:D:D