Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2021 Black Dog Garage BBQ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevin Dana, May 24, 2021.

1. Kevin Dana

Kevin Dana

Saturday May 22nd was the 20th anniversary of the invite-only Black Dog Garage BBQ in Ft. Pierce, FL.

Tom Pesula, with support from his family and dedicated friends have been hosting this event at his home shop since 2001. While usually a Spring event to avoid the South Florida Summer heat, this years event was pushed to late May because of Covid.
    Despite a brief mid-morning shower that had some tops going up, the day delivered great weather, a fantastic assortment of cars and trucks, a BBQ lunch, and a mix of old and new friends.

A raffle with an assortment of cool prizes raised funds for Shelby’s Way, a Hot Rodders non-profit that supports suicide awareness. shelbysway.com
    If you or someone you know is struggling, please reach out.

My Sister, Brother, myself and our boys were also on hand to present the Henry Dana “Real Hot Rod” pick in honor of our late Father.

This years inaugural award went to Richard Apsley of North Vernon, IN for his beautiful 1935 Ford pickup.
    Thanks to Tom Pesula for an amazing day. Hope you enjoy the photos.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Thanks for the photo's Kevin, I sure miss your dad and thanks for supporting Mark's Shelby's Way. A good man trying to raise awareness. HRP

3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice pics! Looks like a lot of fun, wish I had been there. One suggestion, next year on your award, replace the "real Street Rod" pictured with IFS, big 5 spokes, funky mirrors, Boyd-ish rod with a "Real Hot Rod". There are plenty that fit the bill in the pics you included.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Kevin Dana

Kevin Dana

Thanks for your feedback Billy, but we’re running with whatever Tom and his crew want to do to honor our Dad. It may not be for everyone, but it means everything to us and that’s what it’s all about.

5. Thank you. :)

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm believing that was a car that Kevin's dad built and was well known for building. Far more a reflection on Henry than what ever it is awarded to.

7. Quality cars, quality photos. Well done.

Kevin Dana likes this.
  8. DC40

DC40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the pictures Kevin. It was a great time with great friends.

Grandadeo, rotten ron and Kevin Dana like this.
  9. rotten ron

rotten ron
    BANNED

Kevin looks like a good time for all. Great group of cars.

10. SPEC

SPEC

Thanks for the pictures.

Kevin Dana likes this.
  11. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Hey Kevin, good meeting you and the family at the. BDG BBQ. It was a perfect day to hang out with old and new friends. Looks like you covered most of the HAMB friendly hot rods in your pics. Here's one of our host Tommy and that parking attendant...me.

Lee 20210523_125436.jpg

12. Kevin Dana

Kevin Dana

Hi Lee,

It was great to meet you (and well done on the parking attendant duties!).
    It was amazing to talk to guys that hadn’t seen me since I was a 7yr old kid kicking around my Dads shop. I was truly humbled to be able to present the award AND get to spend the day with such a great group of folks and cars. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone again next year.

P.S. For those who are on Instagram, we’ve started a page dedicated to the history of our Dad and family shop, which will feature lots of old drag racing photos, build details, and “where are they now” features on many of the cars that came out of the shop. Give us a follow
    @danashotrods

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. Great photos. Double points for the Led Zeppelin reference.

Kevin Dana likes this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool event

Kevin Dana likes this.