Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wire wheel re-hoop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32fenderless, May 25, 2021.

1. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I’ve got a ‘34 Willys that I am working on. Can anyone tell me if there is a company that would change the hoop from a 17” to a 16” for the factory wire wheels.
    B3C4041C-C5B5-4A9D-A442-86F9541C7FA8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. Kevin Pharis

Kevin Pharis

Judging by the bend in the spokes... I gonna guess that these are welded spoke wheels. Good luck finding someone to re-rim a welded spoke wire wheel. But if they were “tune-able” spokes... there would be plenty of options.

I have seen quite a few welded spoke wheels cut down and rimmed in various sizes (always back yard jobs). So it can be done... But I highly doubt that you could hire someone to do this these days...

3. MAD MIKE

MAD MIKE
    from 94577

IIRC truespoke.com(supreme wheels, etc) does restoration and modification work on wire wheels. Might want to give them a call/e-mail and see.

4. alchemy

alchemy

@wheelkid might do it. I think they used to do that sort of thing.

32fenderless likes this.

5. Screenshot_20210525-230105_Google.jpg Lonnie Gilbertson widened the wheels on this one, don't know how it was done or if he can do what you want but it might be someone to ask. He's in the Northwest but I don't have his shop info anymore. Maybe someone from up that way may know.
    PIC00096-or.jpg
    Google is a good friend. Here you go

32fenderless and Texas Webb like this.
  6. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

Here is another option 16 inch Hudson and terraplane wires fit on are slightly wider and look great

32fenderless and Hnstray like this.
  7. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I knew of this truck and I will widen the rears. If I can get to a 16” there is better options for the tire size I’m looking for.

Thanks

8. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I did not realize this. I’ll have to check it out.
    Thanks