Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration HAMB Shirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redo32, May 21, 2021.

1. GeeRam

GeeRam

The address is Slough, which is 20 mins up the road from me, and well, lets say, that area is full of a certain section of the community that are involved in ripping off/faking clothing/textiles brands and copyright.

2. Gotcha.;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

They've popped up on the H.A.M.B. Facebook page now also.:mad:
    186455966_10219115296020445_4628359712831722769_n.jpg

4. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know how Facebook works with things like that but that's taking the fucking piss, as we say in Great Britain! The irony and legalities are perplexing! Give 'em enough rope!

Chris

5. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Trouble is a lot of these FB ads are scams from the bottom up, using disposable websites. They are basically auto-generated by bots or run by scammers out of countries like India, China etc. There is no actual product and nobody who gives money will ever receive a shirt. The FB marketing algorithm makes it really easy for scammers to generate trash ads and target them to people who might try to impulse buy the "product."

What that means is the address on the sites is probably bogus and there is no real legal action that can be pursued. Getting the ads to go away means fighting Facebook's ridiculous layers of automated "help" and red tape.

I often get targeted ads for leather jackets and stuff claiming they are going out of business and dumping stock for the cost of shipping. I can search the product images on google and find the actual sellers who are asking $400+ for those items.

If the address is real, someone should go kick their teeth in.

HEMI32, fauj, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  6. ratrodrodder

ratrodrodder
    from Boston

Sadly, I see this as yet another reason to not use FB... hopefully the legal options are both sufficient for Ryan and permanent for the perpetrators, as I'd hate to see anyone's steel toed boots get scuffed while doing free dental work...

7. Flathead Dave

Flathead Dave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

All that can be done is to keep filing copyright infringement complaints. They are going to keep doing it. Get an attorney? Laughable because it doesn't matter what a U.S. based attorney does, they will continue the rip off. Then what are you going to do?

8. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is the primary step, before the industrial steel toed boot, meets the central incisors of the rip offs on FB. Its Legal " HAMMER TIME "

SmashHand_1F2020 (2).jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and 61Cruiser like this.
  9. i shoulda been a dentist.....all of the teeth gettin' kicked in over bootleg fuckin' shirts....

10. Concerning facebook and their ads....you got to realize that face book is run by a bunch of low life commies.....(well, thats my opinion, not necessarily fact.)<thats my "cover my ass" statement.

11. I don't subscribe to
    upload_2021-5-24_12-10-56.png

12. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

This here and Ford Barn are the total extent of my "social media" involvement. And that's the way it's going to stay.

Sandgroper and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

14. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

15. inaford30

inaford30

fauj and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. inaford30

inaford30

She didn't know any better, she probably thinks it's a twelve-inch

Sent from my SM-J7008 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. Ohhh brother.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

fauj likes this.
  18. Making statements like this could get your posts edited by the admins.:mad: They don't condone violence.o_O Ask me how I know.:(

lothiandon1940 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  19. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you are a HAMB member and out in one of these stolen shirts ,you need to wear a paper bag over your head when out in public, if the boss knew who you were I can see a “banned” appearing on your avatar. Still super cool “original authentic” art work ,I love seeing it on my shop wall.

20. ........I get your point, but we're all just playing on Ryan's own words regarding stealing Jalopy Journal/ HAMB copyrighted material. To paraphrase Ryan, "Steal our stuff and we'll kick your teeth in.":)

ratrodrodder and Roothawg like this.
  21. nobby

nobby

Gil Elvgren

22. Actually a @Django tribute to Elvgren.

23. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Be nice to see those calendars come back. Just looking through the store, there’s not much of anything available right now. Who’s runnin this place anyways….

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

warhorseracing likes this.