Register now to get rid of these ads!

PICS: A-Bombers' Old Style Weekend!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrisman, Aug 6, 2006.

1. lowlow

lowlow
    from Sweden

2. Janne

Janne

Why?:confused:

3. lowlow

lowlow
    from Sweden

Because my car runs a Carter! And some jackass has lowered the car so much it bangs the tank fitting and makes the fuel pour out. Then a wheel broke so i ran off the road.. I will name the car JINX.

4. Big congrats to you from one King of the hill to another (I won in '99)

Klaus

Attached Files:

5. two more pics, enjoy

Attached Files:

6. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Friendly

Do you want to reveal what kind of activity the treesome are up to, or is it a secret??

The other pic is obvious.

:D

Paul

7. slapshot

slapshot
    from Belgium

This must be the best show in Europe and it is getting better every year !
    Thanks to the A-bombers for putting it up , see you again next year .

Klaus it was nice talking to you ! you must have been very close to being king off the hill again ,
    it looked like you had the perfect line shooting up the hill .

(I'll post some pictures later .)

Ward

8. Well Paul.
    I think it have something to do with alkohol, or maybe lack of it.
    Hmmmm. maybe i should just keep it a secret!!

9. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Holy cow......possible lack of Etanol. :eek:

secret is OK with me

10. tred

tred

that's funny, klaus still has his new jersey license plate on the front of his car. i gues it's like when the import car crowd here has a european tag on their front end...

looked like a blast! i'm jealous... :D

11. What are you talkin' 'bout "on the front"!!!

You don't have to be jealous, just get your ass over here for next year!!!
    See you at HRHD!!!

Attached Files:

12. a1930ford

a1930ford

[​IMG]
    I really like the idea of the quarter windows butted together and used as a windshield. Never seen it done before and I like it. Won't work on my tudor, but have to keep it in mind for any future project.
    Huey

13. LIMEY

LIMEY

Great pics.......you guys have way too much fun, i think i should get my ass over there for next year!

Kev.

14. Jake H.

Jake H.

That's right, we had a ton of cool cars in Tacoma. But they mostly sat there, parked, on the hot blacktop.

We need to organize a kickass event with driving involved here in the States, namely PNW.

Feedback and photos from this show always make my inner Swedish heritage swell up with pride. Oh, maybe that's just the photos of hot European women!

15. Every year I see those pics and say NEXT YEAR I WILL ATTEND!!! aarrgggg! Man I get to get over there !!! :)

Klaus posted a pic of a LARGE green truck (can't make out what it is??) with a sleeper cab...any of you guys got any more pics, details, build shots etc on this rig??

Cheers,

Paul

16. I don’t know so much about the truck, but I think it got a big block chevy engine. I remember it in the hill climb a couple years ago and it was fast.

Lars

Attached Files:

17. RATCAMINO

RATCAMINO

thats sweet gauys i like the style you guys got across the atlantic thankx for the pics

18. It's a mid 40's truck, with a 454 ci painted to match the truck in dark green.
    The owner is from Norway and uses it for hauling trailers on a regular bacis!
    He was racing the hill in 1998. The owner of this pretty incredible rig own a couple of other trucks from the mid 40's,if I don't remember wrong.

Attached Files:

19. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks to A-Bombers for another great show.
    The Kustomrama team loaded up the official Kustomrama truck and crossed the border to Sweden:

[​IMG]

Here are some of my pix from the event.
    The rest of the pix is located here http://www.kustomrama.com/articles/eventindex.php

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Was going to wait to catch a breath from my trip to reflect, but I can't wait any longer. WOW!!! What amazing people first and fore most, Klaus & Cindy of cource, A Bombers, Dameon, Chrismon, Rumblers Hamburg, etc. The hot rodders here are just the nicest people, and cars....just sick, they really get it. I only wish more people here in America could get it half as right as the Swedes, Danish, and even the Japs. Keeping it simple, which never goes out of stlye. They are all building far superior rides as a whole... luckily we have the Hamb to make friends who also get it, it's scary at most cars shows.
    Old Style Weekend ruled! What a beautiful country as well, a 10 on the must visit scale. I also have plenty of super 8 film I shot, digital film and stills, hope to share it with all of you soon. No words good enough to describe the cars, piece of property it was held on, the lake we swam in, the killer food, and most importantly, there beautiful girls. Thanks to anyone we met, great stories, and an unforgetable time. See you next year!

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

You Lucky Bastard!!!

I want to go soooo damm bad!!!

Next year.

22. chrisman

chrisman

Hey! It was a pleasure meeting you, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Return soon, bring more U.S. HAMBers!

Talk to you more later,
    Chris

23. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

We need to arrange a HAMB meeting at OSW next year.

Let's say we meet under the large trees in front of the stage at 17.00 local time on saturday.
    Then we share some cold ones and lie to eachother.
    We can make paperhats with our nics on the front for identification. It will look wonderfull. :D:D:D

Let's get back to it next spring or something.

Paul

24. Hmmm! why not!
    Thanks for the nice words Mel. You're welcome in our home anytime.
    Evil I thought you WERE comming this year, but I guess there's always next year - Right?
    Great to meet you all:)

25. chrisman

chrisman

An excellent idea! I'm definitely in on that.

26. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Thanks for photos, hoping to make it myself too next year.

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ya I wanted to make it this year but too much stuff on my plate in the states..

I say it every year but,,, next year for sure!!

28. Is this truck owned by a hamber? I have been thinking of doing this in the future. Dodge cab and 34 Ford front sheetmetal. Looks super cool. I need to know if a 34 Ford cowl section was grafted to the cab. I imagine it was to get the hood lined up. Any more info would be great. Thanks

Attached Files:

• 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      24.3 KB
      Views:

29. I believe this a 34 four door sedan turned P/U, I know its on a late model frame and running gear, I think Mazda. Heard it was yellowish orange the year before? Didnt se it run, heard it's a daily driver. Klaus confirms, he's my hero!!!!