Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Best scene in American Graffiti

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38fordpickup, May 11, 2021.

1. fegsta

fegsta

When the film came to a little picture house about five miles away (Hinckley-Leicestershire) I went for the five nights it was on. Hitched or just walked there and back after work. Couldent get enough of it.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. patsurf

patsurf

i remember going to a walk-in w/ some friends--and as it ended,just stayed where i was and told the friends -"you guys go on -i'm staying to watch again(and did)"

3. Deuces

Deuces

I still haven't seen it.... I don't have hbo.... Plus I'm too cheap to rent it...:(:rolleyes:

4. Not sure if this is the best scene, but it reminds me of this photo from a show that I took.:cool:
    CT Dragway 150.JPG
    OK not so much!:(

dan c, 31hotrodguy, sdluck and 10 others like this.
  5. Message me and I'll mail you the DVD. All I ask is to please show it to one more person. Even my 7 year old son knows this movie. :) LeMat.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. 32Dan

32Dan
    from Chino, CA

“I don’t like that surfer sh!t. Rock and Roll has been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died”

54delray, Shalamo, dan c and 14 others like this.

7. Wait! What?!? Buddy Holly died? Then why do I keep hearing his songs in my head?

8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Was talking to a guy in my shop about the movie. He had never seen it. So I lent him the video. His wife asked what he was watching,. She said with a strange look, you have never seen it before ?

9. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

My dad was a teenager in late 50s...duck tail hair,white t, luckys... He agreed with that statement 110%

10. Wolf Man Jack's my vote, also known as Dr. Jazzmo on XERB radio.

11. Budget36

Budget36

I’m not sure, but I think he referred to The plane wreck with Buddy Holley in American Pie. At least it’s what I always thought he meant by “the day the music died..”

12. 32partsguy

32partsguy
    from DFW,Texas!

My ALL TIME favorite movie. Always has been, always will be. When my son was about 5 years old, he would watch it over, and over, and over. Anybody ever notice when the coupe "lurches" forward at the red light, the hinged front windshield swings open? The whole movie is "the best scene", can't pick just one. No coincidence I'm on my second, chopped, 5 window coupe hiboy in a row.

AT CHUY'S .jpg AT CHUY'S 2.jpg

13. Deuces

Deuces

I was referring to "Ford vs Ferrari"... I've seen American Graffiti a couple dozen times.... And never get sick of it!.... :)

14. Deuces

Deuces

That line was my only turn off even though I'm a Buddy Holly fan and the Beach Boys surfer music....:rolleyes:

Flathead Dave, 32Dan, Lil32 and 2 others like this.
  15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Well after you figure out the best scene, figure out what the title means, and let me know.

Deuces and Nicholas Coe like this.
  16. Glad to find someone who thinks 2 Lane Blacktop is a truly horrid movie too!!

17. A treasure I created from several Street Rod Nationals that had AG stars signing autographs. DVD box. Wish I had more.

American Grafitti box cover.jpg

18. Ok we all know AG trivia has been beat to death. I love it too
    Just curious...when Kirt is sitting outside the TV shop, with The Pharoahs, anyone else notice the red pickup truck with a drag chute, parked in front of them???

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

54delray, 31hotrodguy, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  19. "Where were you in '62?" Well my mom was -4 and my dad was -8, and I was -43 haha

20. Sorry! If anyone here hasn't seen this movie please message me and I'll send you a new DVD. This one is on me. Just spreading the Graffiti gospel!

21. Deuces

Deuces

No need to be sorry..... ;) Thank you for the offer though! But I'm ok..... :)

22. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

It's watchable, but I believe that it was Hollywood's answer to "Easy Rider", but with cars.

23. Same here.
    The rides are the only good actors in it
    Easy Rider is the same. Except for Nicholson

24. Mike

Mike

The drag race scene was filmed on Frates Rd. on the south end of Petaluma CA.

25. Packrat

Packrat

Hollywood Knights is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Just my opinion.

TCATTC, chryslerfan55 and lurker mick like this.
  26. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Not arguing, but the street drags w/the Cobra were really decent. While I can find the ProjectX vids, not the one w/the extended wb blown T. Any leads? Cobra had some interesting stories behind it, or so I read when still in SAAC.
    Marcus...

chryslerfan55 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  27. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

Frates Road FratesRdNow.GIF FratesRdthen.GIF Now and then

28. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

29. cfmvw

cfmvw

I always wondered about the backstory to John Milner. I'm guessing that he worked at the garage where he is seen backing the coupe out after uncorking the exhaust...maybe his father owned it? John definitely knew his stuff when it came to building and tuning.

30. That was always my thinking. The gas station guys knew him well. I know that in the second movie Milner is sponsored by Ray's Automotive in Petaluma. In my mind I guess I always pretended that was Ray's gas station.

Here's a driver's license that I created with details from the film. Some jackass copied it off my thread and is selling them on eBay. The even copied my wife's signature. Oh well. (Notice the error....his age should be 20 and not 24). CADL%20vintage.jpeg