Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical thinking of putting the battery under the seat in a 39 pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nobby, May 18, 2021.

1. H380

H380
    from Louisiana

We use them in our motorcycles also.

2. no55mad

no55mad

The lithium batteries seem to be coming down in price. Anyone out there using one? The weight savings is appealing and the warranties are also decent.

3. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Go for it. If you happen to get the urge to "rip one" you can blame the battery.

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Regardless of battery type, I'd only recommend that you put it in the absolute easiest place to access on your car. If not, you might as well plan for remote jumper terminals and a trickle charger plug while you are planning your build. What if you need a jump down the road some place? Or would like to provide a jump to someone? Would you have to unload the trunk to get to the your hidden battery box? Or crawl under the frame to reach your oh-so-clever drop-down box on the frame rail? In the rain, or worse? IMHO, all that remote drag racer wanna be battery in the trunk or hidden show car wiring stuff is for the birds. I've tried both. My next battery just might be mounted in a box on the firewall, if I can make room for it.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

PS I just got an ACDelco AGM battery that's about the size of one of those square-ish, red Odyssey AGMs for just $180. It is all black, too.

ACDelco Gold 48AGM 36 Month Warranty AGM BCI Group 48 Battery, Black

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
  6. manyolcars

manyolcars

You said it better than I did