Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Arkie's 2021 Stray Kat 500 Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, May 11, 2021.

1. Wow, Duncan... I could have just stayed home considering how good of coverage you posted. :D However, I wouldn't have been able to hang out with all the kool kats including going out to dinner with you and your wife if I had. And, we both know the show is way more about the people than the cars. ;)

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    loudbang, wide34, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  2. I did see one car that you didn't that I snapped a pic of...since it was in the shop of the buddy I stayed with. :D

IMG_1941[1].JPG

3. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

Like Loudbang and PPrather said, all the sorting you did, made this the greatest event coverage I have ever seen. I have never been so excited to look at pictures of an event before this. I would love to shake your hand and tell you that you did an outstanding job.

loudbang, OG lil E, Stogy and 8 others like this.
  4. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Best show pix I've seen in years

5. fegsta

fegsta

Red Morris minor vans used to be Royal mail, over here UK. Thanks for the grate photos. Still nothing happening over here yet. So this is the next best show. Thanks again.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, Stogy, Donut Dave and 3 others like this.
  6. Thank you very much for your considerable time and effort. :)
    Looks like there was an excellent turnout.

loudbang, Stogy and straykatkustoms like this.
  7. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

It was difficult watching these two beautiful kustoms roll into town without Jeff.
    DSC_0298.JPG DSC_0299.JPG DSC_0305.JPG DSC_0301.JPG DSC_0300.JPG DSC_0302.JPG DSC_0303.JPG DSC_0304.JPG

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic event coverage. Seen a lot that I hadn’t seen before... It was so kool to see ya guys. We have all been socially starved. Two years has been too long. Looking forward to the next time..

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, OG lil E, Stogy and 5 others like this.
  10. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Awesome pic’s thanks for sharing.

11. wide34

wide34
    from Texas

Great pics and many thanks from the Fort Worth gang for the great show you put on Mick, hope you know how much all of us appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I took pictures of about half the cars there before my back started hurting to point I had to stop and sit down. There are so many I missed.
    To me, the best part of the SK500 is the people. So fun to walk around and visit with old friends or make new friends. And where else do you have the opportunity to eat supper with Mick, Darryl Starbird and John D'Agostino?
    20210507_190735.jpg

Or see friends you made at the SK500 over a decade ago like the Evans Bros from Kansas?
    DSC_0043.JPG

Or hang out with some of your Crossmembers pals like @guthriesmith @gonmad & @cvstl DSC_0091.JPG

Maybe @FLAT-TOP BOB & @FastAL'sUpholstery
    DSC_0048.JPG

@1stGrumpy and his nephew Mike. Mike and his wife come out from California every year for the SK500
    DSC_0088.JPG

Rod Baughman, who has been building hot rods and customs for over 50 years as well as playing in rock n' roll bands even longer. He is responsible for fantastic paint jobs on more than a few of the cars at the SK500 including his chopped AD panel truck reflected in the window.
    DSC_0074.JPG

Everett Wilson @41 mopar, the SK500 DJ. If you go to many shows in the OK KS MO AR area, you've seen Everett or listened to him over the sound system.
    DSC_0203 (2).JPG

Ron Myers, pulling lines like he's been doing for over 60 years. Not only incredibly gifted but also very funny, makes me laugh.
    DSC_0198.JPG

@travisfromkansas travels all over creation taking excellent photos at hot rod and custom events. He is always taking pictures of hot rods and kustoms and the people who build and drive them, as well as interviewing them about their rides for his podcasts, so I thought I would take a picture of him. Thanks for all you do, Travis. And check out his website, royboyproductions.com
    DSC_0181 (2).JPG

A couple of my Rollin' Relics pals from NWA, Randy and Sully
    DSC_0346 (2).JPG

After 2020, it was great to be able to get back to the SK500 and just hang out! Looking forward to seeing a lot of you down the road!

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  13. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Thanks so much for the pics and story. Wish I could have been there. A couple of friends went but I couldn't make it. I will be at the lead ain't dead in sept.

14. I agree Duncan, the Hot Rods and Kustoms are nice but the SK500 is really about the people...

15. Awesome coverage Duncan!

16. Constructionbob

Constructionbob

17. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Thank you for sharing your photos Arkie. Great job