Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rudy from LA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Paulo, May 17, 2021.

1. Paulo

Paulo

Anyone on here know of a guy called Rudy from SoCal. Restores and sells early 50's steering wheels? Spoke to him today, seems like a really good guy. Just wanted to know if he was known to you lot. Cheers

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

There's a guy that shows up to the "old"..Fathers Day swap meet at the Pomona Fair Grounds.
    I don't what other shows he goes to. Maybe the quarterly swap meet too. Sorry, don't recall his name either, but this guy does REALLY nice work.
    He restores wheels and he'll also make a given wheel smaller in diameter. He does from 1940's wheels and up.

All I can say is dig deep into Google..! I'll give it a try tomorrow, see what I can find.

Mike

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Dennis Crooks.

4. Paulo

Paulo

Thanks Mike

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Paulo -

Per X38's post -

Yeah, this just may be the guy. The show layout looks similar. The quality of the restorations looks good, but I don't see any "shrinking" of wheels like I saw at Pomona. Oh well, this "is one" guy that does good work. There may be more.

https://qualityrestorations.com/shows/

Mike

6. Man,,,,,that is some beautiful work,,,,,,looks like real talent .

Tommy

7. I'm pretty sure I've seen smaller diameter Mercury wheels from them. No absolute, but pretty sure. (one way to find out ;))

8. Rckt98

Rckt98

I had Koch redo a 56 Olds steering wheel for me when we lived in LA 15 years ago. Beautiful job. Looks like they are still around, they used to attend alot of the LA swap meets.