Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crazy Taildragger....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squigy, Aug 7, 2006.

1. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

god forbid i mention where i found this...starts with an E..
    i thought it was pretty kool..Lincoln/Plymouth...of course it isnt finished but it is a driver...

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Cool,I like it........Plyinclon:eek: .

3. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

The Plyinclon is almost too beautiful for words! Good lord almighty that's gorgeous!

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I think it's real cool. Thanks

5. Squablow

Squablow

Anyone who doesn't like that car is gay. There, I said it.

The hood and the grille is Lincoln, but are the front fenders Lincoln or Plymouth? Combination of both maybe? What year Plymouth is that? Fantastic work, the lines flow together really well.

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Looks like a 40 or 41 from the rear.

B:cool:B

7. Tore

Tore

So I`m gay. I think the rear is to fat, to heavy !

8. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

That is my friend Aaron that built that......I wish I had the dough, itd be in my garage already......its a KILLER car.

Aaron is one of the Lordsmen CC if any of you SoCal guys were wonderin'

9. Bazooka

Bazooka

man thats real purdyful...

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

wouldn't build it, but I love looking at those cars...I always admire craftsmanship, whether it's in my style or not...wow...that thing sure has a lot of things going right for it...

11. To each his own, but I think that's kind of the point... (that the rear of the car is fat, not that you're gay...)

12. Chad s

Chad s

I agree. Something about the back doest fit the rest of the car. The flow of the car is great, and then the rear fenders just drop, almost verticaly down. It needs a better taper in the rear. Thats what the rear end of a Zephyr has, and that car doesnt.

Dont get me wrong, it looks great. At first, it looks really freaking great, but with a second look, there are several details in the rear that were not adressed, in my opinion. Did you notice that the highest point of the rear fenders sits a hell of a lot higher than the highest point of the front fenders? In my opinion (and if you look at most factory cars from the period, that make great taildragers), the rear fenders should sit a bit lower than the front fenders, which helps the overall front to back flow. Since the rear fenders are so high, they eliminate the proper area where the side trim should fit. The worst is that the side trim doesnt follow the flow of the rear fender/trunk. The trim is flat, and the rest of the car is all curves. Perhaps simply removing that trim (which is awfully wide), or better yet replacing it with a thinner trim, that follows the upper curve of the rear fender would help the rear proportions better. Also, a rear bumper and gravel gaurd would help big time in creating the flow from the top of the rear fenders to the asphalt.

13. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

It isn't perfect, but it's damn cool

14. It needs some purple flames and Oh maybe some masked wrestlers painted on it. Just kidding, I like it and would paint it sparkly silver. And I'm not gay.:D

15. prime mover

prime mover

16. Ruiner

Ruiner

so basically it's a 46-48 plymouth...hmmm...not bad...the 42's were definately few and far between...too bad I'm taking my '40 plymouth and going the opposite direction with it (UP!!!) otherwise maybe I'd take a crack at doing something like this...I love the way the fenders drop off out back...I think it's just right...and I'm a stickler for proportion

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

Very kewl, plus i've not seen many of them. Also like that its a driver.

18. Aaron builds some cool ass shit....I like this ride ( on e of my favorites that he has built).

I posted a chopped 54 wagon thathe built a year ago and said to watch this guy because he is an up and comer....I think this kinda proves my point. he took 2 rusty POS and built something that is bad ass and looks great...

19. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Hmm. :D

[​IMG]

20. KKustoms

KKustoms

Love the lines of this car and yes mister muscles I was thinking the same thing

21. prime mover

prime mover

why in the hell would you guys want to change this car to look like all the others? then it might as well just be another ford or chevy.

22. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

My thoughts exactly. If I wanted a ford, I'd buy a ford.

Disclaimer-No insult to Fords intended. :)

23. Gigantor

Gigantor

just dropped a load in my pants .... thanks.

24. Mike

Mike

Good lookin' machine.

25. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

It's not about making it look like all of the others, it's about making the flow of the car work better than it does now.