Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Hirohata Merc

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Dec 16, 2020.

1. I am sure I am in the minority but I like the lime gold version almost more than the seafoam

ciscokid and John Lee Williamson like this.
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have never seen a good enough picture of the previous color to make a opinion about it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Bad pic [​IMG]

4. Bad color on it too.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Having seen Jack`s clone 40 + times, it was a treat to see the original. My one and only trip to LA. The only car event I did was to see the Peterson Museum. The I`m gonna fix it up one day is a good example of this car. After buying it off the car lot years ago. The car was never lost, it was in good hands. I think a documentary on Bob`s life like Who Done It would be a big ,big hit on a TV special. 2019-08-30_205637.jpg Who is the caretaker of the car now. Sad to hear of Jim and his wife`s s passing. Thanks for bringing this back up. An amazing car with a backstory many people know nothing about.

6. Before Jim Mc Neil bought it, kids in "The Owls" car club, Merrell Morlin was driving, car club stole it off the Pasadena car lot and drove it around the school, I was there and I saw it, a sensational day at Verdugo Hills High School. It was the Running Wild movie Gold green and dark green like this only real clean.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  7. I believe the family still has it. They still post on the Instagram account from time to time.

kidcampbell71, 54delray and stanlow69 like this.
  8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

9. moparboy440

moparboy440
    from Finland

10. Germ

Germ

Yes.. This is my picture. I own it. It's actually a cut out from contact sheet. I also have the negative.
    Thanks..

11. michaelvz51

michaelvz51
    from So Cal
    1. HAMB Merc Club

This is such an awesome story! What a great day at school that was, maybe “hooligans” driving the real “hooligan” car. The “Owls Car Club” must have been some wild guys at the time. Hey Lil OG should do a story on them with your input. I would love to see their jackets or even cruise plates if they had them

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crawled out from under my rock to watch it, outstanding in every way. RIP Jim McNeil, a real custom car hero. But @pgan deserves big props for making the project car thing happen, well done Pat!

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Reading through this editorial again.... The Joe Nitti Murder is fascinating.... Hey Gumshoe! @Ryan ... get busy!
    ...Oh yea... Your Pacific bound.... never mind.

14. Rand Man

Rand Man

I would love to see more photos of the gold version. I’ve seen the same few pictures many times. There must be more out there. I plan a gold/blue-green two tone on my baby Lincoln. Not a clone but maybe “inspired by”.

15. Rand Man

Rand Man

16. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

A fascinating story, thanks @Ryan for bringing this to our attention- for those of us who missed it last time!