Register now to get rid of these ads!

Did I score

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Road Angels, May 8, 2021.

1. Road Angels

Road Angels

Bought a 1924 dodge brothers coupe, had been sitting in a ladies garage since 2003...covered in dust engine had not been started since then but when I checked to see if it was stuck not at all...trailer ed it home and have begin the oil soak and oil change,, pulled the valve covers soaked every thing down and still have to prime the oil pump and system..as well as spray some oil fogger into the cylinders, any way I did a code ..engine number check, it is a factory 392 1958 engine letter car engine, with the factory 2x4 option 380 horse...have paper work showing a rebuild in 1993 with a thirty over bore, balanced std crank, 500 lift cam, solid lifter, TRW forged pistons and some mild port work with the heads set up for unleaded fuel... compression ratio is a claimed 10:1..she thinks it has about 5,000 miles on it, had a small block Chevy before the Hemi swap.body is straight the paint is just ok and the interior has some wear but is presentable, ford 9 inch posi with 4:11 gears and performance axles ...700r trans...frame is built really well, coil over all 4 corners power rack......I am sure after sitting that long it will have some oil leaks but I can fix them as they appear....$20k so score or screwed

Attached Files:

2. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Looks Great to me!!!

loudbang likes this.
  3. I would say score. Any more pics of the entire car? Great engine.

Sent from my SM-A102U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Road Angels

Road Angels

Thank you for moving my post...I kind of blew it...lol

5. loudbang

loudbang

Wait for the decision until after it starts. :)

6. Sounds good but probably depends on how well it was built. Let's see the rest of the car...

7. jim snow

jim snow

X2. Snowman

chryslerfan55, pprather and loudbang like this.
  8. Sounds very cool

some more pics please !

loudbang likes this.
  9. If it is a true 300 letter car engine, it may have greater value to a restorer. Then you can build an engine that you will know is done correctly to your liking. Either way it seems to be a good score.

chryslerfan55 and osage orange like this.
  10. I know that you probably do not want to hear this. That is not the stock engine for that 1924 dodge brothers coupe. That lady totally ripped you off, man! :rolleyes:

11. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Well as long as it buffs out and its really a Dodge! Score!.

12. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Did you score?? Does a wild man s**t in the woods?? (as if you needed to ask!!)

Tony Martino and loudbang like this.
  13. v8flat44

v8flat44

S C O R E D !!!

Tony Martino and loudbang like this.
  14. Road Angels

Road Angels

She is alive...got it fired up today...smoked out the neighbors...runs good smoke cleared up and no water coming out of the exhaust and none in oil ...no noises that I can hear, cooling system holds pressure...60 psi oil at idle and about 75 psi when revved...I be a happy man oh yea

15. indyjps

indyjps

I love selling good casting numbers to restorers, can fund the whole project. But finding and rebuilding another hemi will be pretty pricey.

List it for sale and say youre gonna drive it until a #'s match guy buys it, that alone could draw the buyer. :cool:

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  16. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

He gave $20,000 for a Hemi unless I see pics!:)

loudbang and Joe Travers like this.
  17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

loudbang likes this.
  18. Well, you have been told the engine is not original to the car you bought.:( So, screwed for $20,000.:mad: I will give you $20.00 if you pay the shipping to my door from yours.:p Good buy for a running car but there are no pictures so, BS.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  19. Road Angels

Road Angels

Why would I sell it...so I can can put just another chevy or ford in it...trying to figure out how to upload my phone video of it but seems to be a problem on my end getting it to load

20. Road Angels

Road Angels

Lets try this again...I get an error message file to large...but I am getting close

chryslerfan55 and warhorseracing like this.
  21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You need to load the video on YouTube then paste it on here.

Desoto291Hemi and loudbang like this.
  22. Road Angels

Road Angels

Ok I am in repair mode now...any one recolonize this it is for the swing windshield to lock it in place it is all brass and the stud is stripped...if need be I will cut the stud off and drill and tap it for a steel stud...sorry for the poor pic..old camera just like every thing I own...my self included...lol

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      132.7 KB
      Views:
    chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Man, 2000 views to your thread on a cool 1924 Dodge coupe and everyone wants to see a pic of the car. Now we get to see a little windscreen lock nut :oops::eek::rolleyes:o_O. Wat a teaser.

24. loudbang

loudbang

A bit bigger :)

1.JPG

25. Road Angels

Road Angels

Thank you for the blow up pic

loudbang likes this.
  26. Is this another did I score thread......

loudbang likes this.
  27. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

If you can upload pics of the hemi...why can't you upload pics of the car?