Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods How about some love for the T-Bucket?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 9, 2021.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

8. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No one posted this?
    I've always liked this one.
    Talk about a car with nothing more than it needs. Minimal even among its brethren.
    And definitely vintage.

5d796be3c359ee29d666de228c544701--t-bucket-roadster.jpg

11. [​IMG]
    I'm sorry folks but all the prior posted photos my in fact be nice Rods but "THIS" is how you build a T-Bucket. Anyone that don't understand "The Stance" is under 40 years old. This is The most Bad Ass T of them all !!!

12. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Now that is a...creative....display??

Looks like he's rocking a Model T "Fatman" steering wheel.

I'm south of 40 and the only T's I am really drawn too have "the stance"
    And come to think of it, the only guys building T's without "the stance" are over 40.

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  13. AndersF

AndersF

Steel rebels great looking T.

[​IMG]

14. I can see me stuffing my Neanderthal Knuckle dragging self in this, man I love this car. HRP

[​IMG]

Silva, deadbeat, stroker28 and 8 others like this.
  15. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

One of the best in "recent" years. RIP Steel Rebel.

16. Too much cross pollination here. We have T buckets, Turtledeck T's and T modifieds being posted.

@Moriarity nails it with his vintage postings. I would go out on a limb and say most actual T buckets being built miss the mark and look like shit in one way or another. I think the reason for that is the nature of Ts and the folks building them. Less experienced and looking to build something cheap and quickly.

Chip was trying to steer this ship in his now derailed T bucket thread. to the point he quit posting and has mostly left the board. His T has been posted above.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. 48stude

48stude

I know this thread is about Buckets, but this Tub is cool. I think it's the same car shown here at Timonium Street Rod Nats east. I liked it with fenders. Bill
    [​IMG]
    Scan_20190830 (3).png

deadbeat, Grandadeo, Deuces and 3 others like this.
  18. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Very true in one way,about fitting in,T-body's are small. By 1926/27 Ts did get a bit bigger.
    I see many say,OMG no-way I can fit!! < if your over about 6foot 2in. or so an around 250lbs plus<there are a lot of cars your not going fit well in. How ever,under that size,bad fit is most often bad seats,bad steering n pedal lay out taking up space,more then ,its too small!
    I've sat in a good number of "T" buckets,many of them have seat an steering/pedal probs that could of been fixed but are not,for a ton of excuse's. Starting out with poor plan when built on to too lazy to fix latter.
    A good buddy of mine,found a crashed T-bucket,ask if I help built a nother one with him out of the parts. Sure,but it was his car an being that,didn't take some advice an did others. In the end,his "T" came out fairly good. But it still has the too tiny seat and much too thick door panels{ Fat door panels of 8in. thick=taking up about 16in, of space side to side in cockpit. The upholstery was still ,kind of like new,when he got the wrecked T,about the only thing not damaged ,inside the body,and did not want to mess with that>it did look good,but just done to look good,not be used good. I'm adding photo were you can see his door panel fat pads/that take up ,I think too much room.
    By the way,we found out why it crashed with first owner,his foot{heel} slipped off brake!!!= the brake pedal pad for foot was only 2in. up off the floor,so only drivers heel fit on brake. Ya,that got done much better on new build.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    bchctybob, Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  19. ^^^^^^^^^That's the definition of OT and EVERYTHING wrong with many T buckets

20. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Yes, That is my car I was living in Philly at that time, BTW it was 2 BIRD T bucket bodies grafted together.

21. That is a great looking tub

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  22. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

As far as I am concerned a hot rod being built should be the owners interpretation and vision, to hell with what others think it should be!

23. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

I started building that car when I was 13 years old and got it on the road in 1963.

[​IMG]

Grandadeo, GuyW, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

It was definitely a sad day when those "lame ass" Mr Gasket street scoops hit the market!
    For some reason people have a way of ruining the looks of a neat hot rod with them.

Tman, bchctybob, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  25. They do not look good on anything including the shelf. Fake crap

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and RICH B like this.
  26. 48stude

48stude

So John , The caption says you were from Pittsburgh which I guess should of said Philly. That explains why I never saw it locally. :rolleyes: BTW Your car makes my hormones all jiggly!! :p:D Bill

chryslerfan55 and dana barlow like this.
  27. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

I'm getting close to double that age & I didn't care for it then & I don't now . We all have opinions, regardless of age ..

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and Blues4U like this.
  28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

chryslerfan55, dana barlow and Tman like this.
  29. nobux

nobux

46ef57a51410985864ae3dddefea6a14 (1).jpg

This one checks all the boxes for me. I love 60's t-buckets.