Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Mom’s and their cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, May 9, 2021.

1. Post a nice picture of your Mom and her favorite car
    This one was before she got married to Dad.
    I think this was her Plymouth?? Called The Green Goblin
    IMG_0221.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. squirrel

squirrel

My mom on the right, and some of her cousins. She told us about the Zephyr often...it's modern push button doors, etc.

1943.11.01-CLARK-reunion-cousins2.jpg

3. Paint

Paint

My Mom and my 46.jpg Grandma

4. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Looks like Grandma had to smack junior to get his ass to settle down for the pic. It worked. LOL

5. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Sorry no pictures to post, but...
    Years ago, my brother and I built our Mom a 1972, 454 powered Monte Carlo. T-400 trans., a nice new interior, with fresh paint.
    Overall, it's a looong story, but she had fun in it.

Mike

6. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-5-9_6-5-32.png 1941 Wichita, Kansas Pontiac Coupe

Hello,

The current family started here in OKC and then the cars started changing after a stint in Wichita, Kansas in 1941.

The grandpa’s jobs took him to various places in and around the Midwest, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, and Iowa, with a few trips to Tennessee. But, with the arrival of my wife as a baby, the OKC area was the main location for some time.
    upload_2021-5-9_6-7-17.png
    1936 Plymouth Sedan OKC around 1947 (two moms in one photo…)

As the job market changed over time, so did the locations of that side of the family. It was OKC for a spell, then a long drive out to So Cal for another job, then back to the OKC area for a different job. But, once back in So Cal, (Pacoima,CA) It was a classic 1947 Buick Convertible that made life in the hot area, pleasurable. As a kid, my wife was the oldest, so she could go for drives with her mom.
    upload_2021-5-9_6-8-50.png 1947 Buick Convertible Pacoima 1952

Then as the job market changed and a contract was over. So, it was back across the country to OKC for a different job and purchasing a permanent home…or so they thought.
    upload_2021-5-9_6-10-9.png
    1955 Chevy two door sedan OKC in 1956 just before the last trip to the Westcoast

Jnaki

While this was the longest stay in the OKC area, all was for naught, as the new job market opened up in So Cal. The whole family moved to Buena Park, several blocks from Knott’s Berry Farm with the famous Ghost Town and Chicken Dinners. In between that last hectic year, that Chevy went from So Cal to OKC to So Cal in three locations and 3 school districts. Not the best for all concerned, including the mom, who usually took care of the kids' school enrollment.

By the time I was introduced to my wife’s mom, she was back in school to finish her college degree and the odd thing was, we were in a Geography Class together. That made for an oddball combo during and before/after class. By then, she was driving a different Chevy wagon.
    upload_2021-5-9_6-12-51.png 1959 Salton Sea family camping

7. 2935ford

2935ford

My Mum (2years 4months) sitting on the hood of her Dad's 1919 Gray Dort in 1924.
    Edyth Maxted  2years 4 months old 1919 Gray Dort.jpg

8. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My Mom while competing in " The Powder Puff Derby " @ Belmont. Ca. Raceway mid 50's Driving a 40 Ford Coupe = Hardtop Races , Saturday night fun Mom-PowderpuffDerby.jpg

Mom & Dad on the Road
    Mom&Dad.jpg

9. Johnny99

Johnny99

My Mom and sisters washing Mom's new 57. Mom and my sister Maxine to Mom's right, both have been gone for awhile now, sister Joan you can just see through the quarter window. My Mom and three older sisters were all excellent cooks, Mom and Maxine exceptionally so. Miss ya Mom and Max!

mom57.jpg

10. rotten ron

rotten ron
    BANNED

My Mom Pauline and her new 1951 Pontiac that my father just bought for her. Brand new car, brand new driver's license. Backing out of the garage the first time she ran into the fence. She was not a good driver. Anytime my sister and I had to drive with her we ran for the rosary beads. Rest in peace Mom.
    IMG_3330 (1).JPG

11. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

My mom could drive but did so only when she absolutely had to. Growing up and until my parents had both passed they never had more then one car.

12. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm lucky. My Mom just turned 90 last week, lives alone, and is doing quite well. I just got off the phone with her...she was enjoying her daily cocktail...a Manhattan on the rocks:D

No picture, but a photocopy of a color drawing I did in high school for Mother's Day.
    My Dad had bought my Mom a new '66 Bronco, but she preferred to drive her old pink & black '55 Ford convert. She and "Crink" the dog would to town once a week (Fridays) for groceries and hair styling.
    100_4971.jpg

13. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

My mom and me, with Grandmama Jessies wagon

[​IMG]

And since I am a mother, me and the same wagon.

483539-1378739678-d1a4051580bd6900f2085057ae2a88b8.jpg

Attached Files:

14. wicarnut

wicarnut

My Mom never drove a car, not really a car person, but put up with racing. Typing this tears me up as I miss her to this day, she passed away in 1979, She was a very positive influence on my life, the best Mom a guy could have. The picture is from 1970 when I started driving the family Midget, we were budget racers, had a lot of fun, many good memories with my Mother/family.[​IMG]

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

My Mom was a school teacher for 40 years,her fav. car was a stock 32 Ford roadster with rumble seat. She had it when I was 8 on up to 10 years old. I got to ride in the rubbleseat a lot.
    One day Dad desided to trade off the 32 for a gas chainsaw he needed to clear cut a wooded plot of land,were his Dad an brothers were going to build a block of 4 new homes,to sell { this was in 1952}. Dad failed to ask Mom,an her car was just gone!!*&^%($#@*, I know first hand,she did not even talk to him for over a week,so for sure nothing was good about that!!! Dad was told to go camp out in his wooded land!. My Mom's Dad {my grandad} got a kick out of all of it!! ,LOL about that crap,for a long time!! Would bring it up at some get -gethers too!!!!!!!!Every one but Dad got to LOL.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  16. Mom with her freshly painted 56.. nowadays she's got herself a 56 4 door wagon. IMG_2312.jpeg IMG_2311.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G975U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

17. outagas1961

outagas1961

amazing drawing!

18. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man, I appreciate that.
    You can see more of my work...(and a lot of other REALLY talented HAMB artists), every week on the <<<Friday Art Show>>>. I post something almost every week

19. No pics, but my Mom wasn't really a 'car girl'. She did however, like her Pontiacs: '53, '56, '62 (my favorite of the bunch), and her '68 that was built like a tank and saved her life in a roll-over/end-over-end crash. After the '68 went to Pontiac Heaven, she switch to Dodge Darts (no accounting for changing tastes). She didn't pay too much attention to cars, other than whatever I was working on/modifying at any given time. Cars were just appliances to my Dad and two brothers, but she and Dad always took an interest in what I was doing with them. She taught me how to cut gaskets when I was restoring my Model A, something she had learned when she was a teenager (late 1920's/ early '30's) working in her uncle's parts store.
    Funny thing though, she loved motorcycles: my oldest brother and I were both into them and she's go for a ride with either of us at the drop of a hat! A wanna be biker chick!
    I'm looking at a picture of her right now that reminds me how lucky I am to have had her and my Dad for parents. I hope they would be as proud of me as I am of them. Rest in peace.....

20. Deuces

Deuces

My Mom, 81 years of age, and drives a Jeep.... She also drives faster than I do.....:confused::):rolleyes:

21. sidewayzz69

sidewayzz69

I rode home from the hospital in moms 1966 chevelle ss. Dad ordered it for her in Nov of 65,I believe. Bench seat automatic. Mom never could drive a 4sp. She kept the car along time.

22. { My Mom } I'm the brat in the center with the flat top. 237.jpg 382.jpg

23. indyjps

indyjps

My Mother holds the title in our family for blowing up the most engines.

Not a hot rodder at all, just completely oblivious to any guages, dash lights or maintenance. After having to walk to a gas station to get a can, not being able to take a family vacation due to $ going to a blown head gasket from overheating, I learned to check fluids as a little kid.

24. Grandma on an Indian.jpg
    My Grandmother on my Grandfather's 1910 Indian Single. This was before cars were being widely used and horses still ruled the roads. The covered bridge in the back ground is all that remains of the home stead today.

25. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

She's not shy about flashing a bit of elbow, neither! Hubba hubba!!

26. BJR

BJR

That skirt on the MC looks dangerous.

Deuces, rotten ron and Truck64 like this.
  27. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

my mom , driving our Crosley " Go Kart ' , with our '49 Chevy convertibile , behind .

rotten ron likes this.
  28. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

My mom , driving our Crosley " go kart " , with our '49 Chevy convertible behind .

mataro 2 1962.jpg

29. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My parents wedding picture, the 38 Ford in the background is dad's. A 40 Ford followed:)
    wedding 1940.jpg

VANDENPLAS, wicarnut, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  30. Agree - nice and good post about your mom !

wicarnut, Deuces and hotrodjack33 like this.