Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Be Careful Out There

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, May 7, 2021.

1. norms30a

norms30a

Even with a hands free device a person's brain is not focused on the road and all the unexpected things that happen.

knucklenutz, Hnstray, blowby and 7 others like this.
  2. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

A lot of times it's a woman an SUV right on my ass, so what I just turn around and slam the brakes on, scares the s*** out of them. I'm a people person

3. Budget36

Budget36

Well, my take is something with the driver who ran into the car, is something was illegal and they thought running was better than waiting. Not like a little fender bump in a parking lot, but to do that much damage on the freeway and not stop, I’m thinking the driver wasn’t just trying to avoid a ticket.
    Hopefully someone has information on the prick

4. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

I'd bet whoever did the "H&R" has enough green paint on their vehicle to be seen from the space station, so keep your eyes out for a recent sideswipe in your local walmart parking lot......

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I work on modern cars all day long.
    The amount of electronics and "driver assist" built in would boggle your mind!
    Definitely gives you a false sense of security.

The biggest issue I see is that everything inside has gone from "muscle memory" control to having to most times concentrate on what you are trying to do inside the car...at the expense of the attention you give to whats going on OUTSIDE the car!

Many new cars use a computer touch screen with multiple layers of info you have to bring up to adjust anything - multi level-temp, change radio stations, choose thru a variety of available entertainment etc.
    You even have available GPS on screen that you will of course adjust as you drive. It goes on and on.

One time you knew instinctively where your wiper switch, headlight switch, heater controls etc were all located and could work them without looking down. Pretty much impossible these days as manufacturers add more and more to gain a small edge over the competition.

Looking out the windows is a huge distraction when driving these days.

6. Dang...just not enough of those 56 Plymouth out and about...glad he's okay.

bchctybob, Deuces and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Its almost impossible to keep any space between the car in front of you since there is always some jackass who just has to get in there.

8. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Comedian Steven Wright once said; "I put a new engine in my car...but I didn't take the old one out...now it goes 200 miles per hour".

9. Road Angels

Road Angels

Only one thing you should be doing while driving watching out for dumb asses...I had a guy hit me from behind in a BMW, tried to go around me and get away but traffic prevented it...he had insurance and still tried to run...what the f...

10. Wrench97

Wrench97

My son finally slowed down and started paying more attention to actually driving, there must be something that a air bag in the face and takata shrapnel in a leg that wakes one up.........................

11. X-cpe

X-cpe

My son slowed down when he had a son.

12. 61SuperMonza

61SuperMonza

Touch screens are a ridiculous idea for cars and airplanes. Bumpy roads and turbulence are not the friend of touch screens. Not a fan.

13. More distracting than a cell phone!

14. Deuces

Deuces

That's one of the reasons why I don't mess with mine.....:rolleyes:

15. Hope you don't cause her to wreck, or worse, kill her little kids in the car. Just drive the speed limit, or pull over and let them pass by. 2 wrongs doesn't make a right. You'll get to use your people person skills in prison :D:p

16. Road rage is funny. Usually it's the same type of guy that would beat up his wife. I always motion them to pull over with me, they never do. Guess they stand a better chance beating up a woman :rolleyes::D chicken shit pussy's

17. RMONTY

RMONTY

My "Go To" fix for tailgaters is to wash my windshield. Of course with some of the older stuff there isnt any windshield washers, but if you have them, this is a Sure Fire way to get someone off your ass. It isn't agressive, and it makes them think "am I following too close?"

18. Deuces

Deuces

That gives me an idea.....:D:mad::D

19. .......It works best when you fill the reservoir with ink!:eek:

20. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Well Lloyd I can usually see who's in the car behind me and I'll stop right in the middle of the road. 46 years I never beat my wife. As far as being a chickenshit p**** I served in two of the most famous Airborne divisions in combat so I wouldn't think that I am a chickenshit p**** have a nice day

21. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Then drive faster!…..:D

Ray

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  22. Didn't say you was a chicken shit or a wife beater, you just assumed that was directed at you. The comment i made about locking your brakes up in front of somebody was directed at you. But my point was 2 wrongs don't make a right, kinda like bright lighting another car that has their lights on bright. 2 blind people are worse that 1. And thank you for your service. Nothing malicious meant towards you, even though you took it that way. Now you have a nice day ;)

23. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Been there. Done that. Got the T-shirt. 68703374_10220629067779265_7944595466350493696_n.jpg

24. sunbeam

sunbeam

25. May the fleas of a 1000 camels forever infest the armpits of tailgaters everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Joe Blow, Cosmo49, bchctybob and 7 others like this.
  26. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

If you try to leave 6 car lengths in front on Bay Area freeways, you will have about 6 Bozos cut in front of you, from both sides. 90 % of the road rage would go away if folks would follow the slower traffic keep right rule- very bad in Kaleeforeea, folks militantly cruising along for miles, Pokey Joe (and many times Jane) in the #1 lane, sometimes oblivious to traffic, more often just arrogance and entitlement (see also laquered up gal in Mercedes). Many of the folks who bitch about tailgating just need to pull over and get in the Pokie Joe lane lol. Would help if Da Fuzz starting ticketing the fast lane cloggers

27. It would help if Da Fuzz would start busting tailgaters/speeders!! What pisses me off is that a lot of states post signs " Left Lane For Passing Only". WTF???? Build a three lane (in each direction) highway, and limit 'normal' traffic to two lanes?? Cops just give in and ignore speeders. Tailgaters piss me off!!!

SlamIam and Deuces like this.
  28. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Get use to it you old fuckers. LOL. Lippy:D

hotrodjack33 and blowby like this.
  29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca