Register now to get rid of these ads!

E-Bay Find -- How much will these sell for?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Heckler, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Shoprag

Shoprag

Those are cool lights, I like how they have the date and patten tag actually the set up rocks a cool piece of motor history.

Didn't someone post that misfits 45 (record) that went for some obscene amount of money???

2. Muttley

Muttley

Those are ugly as sin........I dont care if it offends anyone.

3. I saw a used set go for $1500 at a local swap last year. The first guy that saw them come out of the truck grabbed them.

Reality will hit most bidders, I say $2500-2800.

4. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

Q:Hi, Is shipping to Canada OK with you? Can pay quick and easy with PayPal. Have bought many items from US sellers in the past. Thanks, RandyAug-06-06

[​IMG]A:YES BUT IT MAY BE EXSPENSIVE.THANKS,TONY

Like it matters if he could afford these...:rolleyes:

5. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I love this.

Q: Hi, Is shipping to Canada OK with you? Can pay quick and easy with PayPal. Have bought many items from US sellers in the past. Thanks, Randy
    Aug-06-06
    A: YES BUT IT MAY BE EXSPENSIVE.THANKS,TONY

may be expensive? I'm sure anyone who's buy's is not worrried about shipping braking the bank.

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Hah. I got my pair for $75 two years ago at Macungie--they were right out front in a conspicuous booth, and I found them right at the end of the show--several thousand people must have seen them before I did. I don't know what even brought me to inquire--I assumed they had to be expensive if they were still there! They weren't new, though...

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

More than they are worth,,lol

9. I'm not a big fan of these lights although I know they are considered rare and cool. Anyway I'm proposing a new name for them and I hope it catches on. Instead of E.J. headlights, how about U.D. headlights for uncircumcised dick.......Juuust kidding.

10. warbozz

warbozz

I'm sure there will be at least one Japanese bidder to run them up high. Some of the biggest suprises I've had selling on Ebay is how much the Japanese will pay for things you'd never guess they'd be interested in. :cool:

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Well, I think I'll just sit back and see what they go for. I've been thinking about retiring and if they bring enough I just might put my pair up for bid and cash in. That's a pair of E&J lights for all of you HAMB comedians.:D Mine aren't new either but a cleverly worded add drawing attention to the patina might help.

Frank

12. Ruiner

Ruiner

honestly I find them revolting...but the significance of an original boxed pair is immense...too bad the schmuck who buys em will probably bolt them onto some high dollar wallet built car...they do belong in some sort of museum for all of us to be able to see them, along with some other NOS kustom and hot rod parts...that'd be a great museum...

13. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Jesus....I drive cars I've bought for less than that.

14. Clark

Clark

I sorta agree with some of you. These headlights don't look good on most cars. But on some they look great.

Anybody that has owned a set of these knows how cool they are. They were years ahead of their time. They sorta have a built in fog light. When lit they shine white down on the road and orange/yellow up. This is what gives them their evel glow.
    Clark

Attached Files:

15. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

The scary thing is that as high as they are now, they would go much higher with better keywords in the items title. They will still end up going for stupid money though, even "stupider" then the price they are already at:p

16. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

agreed....

17. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I agree with Clark, they only look good on certain cars. They've always been expensive. As soon as this pair sells, there willll be a bunch more that will hit the market. Whatever they sell for I bet it's more than Frank Mack spent on his whole car..
    [​IMG]

18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

19. Steel Coupes

Steel Coupes
    from Midwest

.........to SAR/Steve's Auto Restorations.

20. Damn-I'm glad I'm not into restoration!

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

Wasn't someone repopping them?

22. LORYDER

LORYDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well those guys are nuts on E-Gay l would never pay that for those l would pay the price for these ones that start at $540-640.
    These guys have fired up.
    EDMUNDS AND JONES
    and you can buy the lights brand NEW NOW......

Heres the link..

http://www.e-n-j.com/index.html
    Type 20 features:

· Extremely Limited Edition (549 Sets, with engraved production numbers and Certificate of Authenticity)
    · Set Ownership Registry for Assistance in Vehicle Theft Recovery
    · Faithful dimensions and housing design,including locking tabs (please use the dimensions below for clearance concerns)
    · 100% U.S. Made and Assembled
    · Heat Treated Permanent Mold Cast Aluminum shell (polished to a high mirror-like finish)
    · Improved Durability over 20th Century Production (dis-similar metal corrosion has been eliminated through integration of base into the lower case, and usage of highly corrosion resistant alloys)
    · Adjustable mounting bolt allows vertical beam adjustment on any mounting surface
    · Bronze Logo and Compression Button
    · Conventional High / Low sealed beam DOT Certified Illumination Element, for painless bulb replacement
    · Universal Mounting Fixture (Fits Most 1920's and 1930's Applications)
    · Stainless Hardware
    · Sale includes First Right of Refusal for Next E&J Limited Edition Automotive Headlamp Design
    · 1 Year Limited Warrant

(T2P) Fully Polished Chassis / Polished Lens Ring

Six Hundred and Forty Dollars (set)

23. Steel Coupes

Steel Coupes
    from Midwest

They didn't buy them for a resto, unless they're restoring a Jordan Playboy, they're "into" the originals

Besides that, they were a deal at that price for NOS, I figured 4K for sure. Electroline 2200's bring 2500.00pr.

Mike Robinson repro's them, he's HAMB'er (FrameDragger , E&J logo on his avatar), they're the repro's the guy above posted from the website.

24. the-rodster

the-rodster

$2650 was the ending price, I was damn close.

I recognize the buyers Ebay login, it's one of the biggest headlight whores you'll ever find, Steve Frisbee from Steve's Auto Restorations.

Rich

25. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

So?, indeed is the "real" repop e-n-j that e-n-j.com sell real real high quality and i will probally buy a set myself...
    but still originals is originals, its like comparing an deuce roadster with an brookville, really near but not the samething..
    beside the e-n-j.com says los angeles on the back and not detroit like the real deal does... ;)

i got 2 pair i paid like around 2200 or something in total for both pair,
    i am probally gonna run E&J's on all my hotrods
    i will buy one or 2 pair originals... and i will also buy atleast one pair repops..
    hard to beat that eeeeeriiie purple / orange tone the real deal have that the new ones don't

watch out for the REAL lousy repops from mexico, 200 bux and not near complete with no tags or compression button nor headlight stand moutning parts etc... not worth the effort, if you wanna spend less buy an pair from e-n-j.com ,

26. LORYDER

LORYDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

l have a pair of Electroline 2200's in nice shape l would sell for 2500.00pr.:)
    lf there's any takers.