Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest FELLOW HAMBER'S TRUCK STOLEN AT THE NAT'S SOUTH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, May 3, 2021.

1. Ok I'm not done, here's my point. We're not in San Francisco or Los Angeles or new York. The people that are stealing these cars are picking an easy target that they can sell quick and cheap to get drug money. My buddy drove around for weeks, asking questions, like who are the local drug addicts and thieves, and he found his car in a barn behind a house. He didn't settle for "chances are slim of finding your car". This truck is still in the area i bet. Hidden until the heat settles.

2. williebill

williebill

Previous history says nobody in KPD is looking for it.
    I'm still waiting on 2 follow-up calls that I was promised, one a 52 Chevy pickup stolen off of Chapman highway, the other, a shitload of tools and Harley parts, also stolen outside of work on Chapman highway.
    The first theft was in 1971, the second in 1974. It's even worse now, I've been told, as far as theft and any effort to find it by KPD is concerned.
    I agree with Lloyd. Pull out all the stops and look for it anyway you can. Good luck to your buddy. I hope he finds it.

3. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Damn, I hate to hear this.

Deuces and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Grant Rissler

Grant Rissler

Deuces, HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  5. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What happened to the guy who stole it? That's the SOB needs his head beat in.

6. Grant Rissler

Grant Rissler

I'm with you! I think there should be a special place in hell for them, somewhere near the donkey gangbang section

Sent from my SM-N981U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh come on. There is no such market in China, its near impossible to get an old car on the road there. Maybe time to blame another country for America's woes ;) :) :)

No doubt its an opturnistic theft in my mind.

The owner can do quite a few things as mentioned above but whilst tracking down a stolen vehicle using violence is something most folks wish for in these instances and there are some guys are up for knocking down doors and taking care of business I'd wager that well over 99% of members here dont have that in them, which is fine.

Whilst I've recovered stolen property with a little persuasion in the past grabbing someone on the street for a 'chat' or going through a door when chasing down leads with a bat or a gat is not something most people should do and sometimes that's what it takes. It could see them getting beat themselves or worse if the guys inside the house are serious and its not improbable you may even have the wrong house..... Even if they do follow through on the street or in someone's house its not hard for a beat down to get a little out of hand and go bad too. The question is are you really willing to risk losing a whole lot of years for a car that should have been insured?? For the small % of members who have the skills, appitude and appetitie for such actions its different but for the rest of us tread carefully when chasing sketchy people.

Texas57, chopped, twenty8 and 3 others like this.
  8. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Didn't sound like a smart thief if they broke a window to get into an old square, the wing window latch is the most common entry.

Sent from my SM-G973U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  9. This makes me think hard about installing a anti theft alarm in my cars. HRP

Deuces and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I think a hidden fuel shut off, a hidden battery shut off like Hotronics makes, and maybe a tracker device, although I am not sure how dependable those are, and doors that lock. If someone steals one of mine they will spend a good deal of time overcoming these challenges. Of course if they have a roll back then the tracker needs to work well.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

not all that uncommon - motels, hotels, event parking lot, etc - night time, day time, etc - has been threads here on ways people try to protect their rides

Deuces, 31Apickup and VANDENPLAS like this.
  12. twenty8

twenty8

I'm very attached to my distributor rotor button. It often accompanies me in my pocket, or sleeps with me in strange beds............;)

clem, Deuces, fauj and 8 others like this.
  13. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, did this for years. Best thing is if somone looks at the engine etc they cant see its missing. Just dont lose it a long way from home :)

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and twenty8 like this.
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

welcome to America.

Deuces likes this.
  15. GTS225

GTS225

I say, HORSESHIT! The PD is getting paid by taxpayer dollars to enforce laws. That means ALL the laws. This idea that "they have better things to do" just doesn't fly in my book. If they aren't willing to do the legwork to find someone else's property, when they're getting paid to do it, then they're in the wrong profession.

And the idea of over-insuring something is just wrong, too. That's just a way of YOU, rewarding in advance, (by proxy), the very thieves that are stealing your stuff.

What truly needs to happen is the taxpayers and voters start holding mayors and police departments accountable for their failing to enforce the laws, (as they swore to do), and start having thieves punished as those laws dictate.
    Make their life hard in prison, and they won't want to go back, so they'll keep their nasty paws off other people's belongings.

Off the soapbox, now.....Roger

Deuces likes this.
  16. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I hate to say it, but the KPD are lazy! I will keep an eye out for the truck. Let’s hope for the best, truck found and returned, the book thrown at the thief!

Deuces and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. A Boner

A Boner

In most big cities, the police are too busy outlining low life bodies with chalk, to look for a stolen vehicle. Smaller cities usually have things somewhat under control.

Deuces and 210superair like this.
  18. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Lemme know how that works out for ya.... Lol.

Hopefully the guy gets his truck back, that sucks.

Deuces likes this.
  19. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Like what?

(Don't answer that)

20. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

002.JPG Inside my shop office between the door and the light switch.

21. this was also posted to Instagram a few days ago.. hope he gets it back..

Deuces likes this.
  22. If the window was busted out, I'd get the word out to anybody and everybody that you figure would likely sell replacement glass. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether to use a wrench or a feather for the beat-down.

Deuces and chryslerfan55 like this.
  23. Budget36

Budget36

I won’t get into a political discussion, but will speak on the insurance thing.
    If I didn’t insure a car, do you think a thief would walk past it?
    By over insuring I’m speaking of parts and time invested. If you’re only going to insure it for parts invested, what about the years and time invested?
    The last thing, would you rather the detectives be looking for folks who just knocked your mother over and stole her purse, or the folks who stole your neighbors car?

chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  24. GTS225

GTS225

I'm not saying don't insure it. I'm saying that you shouldn't have to pay for more insurance than is needed, just so both law enforcement and the insurance industry can ignore the fact that laws were broken in the theft of your property. It's unbelievable that the insurance industry doesn't push for law enforcement to pursue these thieves harder, as it would save them money in the long run, by reducing the theft problem.

I refer you to the sentence where I capitalized the word "all". That should speak to your question.
    Just because there might be a worse crime to investigate, doesn't relieve them of the responsibility to keep investigating the "lesser" crimes.

Roger

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  25. Budget36

Budget36

All good.

26. @GTS225 I agree with what you are saying, the law is and should be the law.

but let’s face it, car theft with no assault or violence is low on the list when cops in big cities have rapes, murders, family abuse , big fraud , etc etc.
    The police know insurance will pay out so in every bodies eyes it’s a victimless crime ( I think this is b.s to the umptienth degree !! ) but what are you gonna do ?

like has been said, I would rather they catch that rapist or violent offender over a car thief.

had a customer last year get broken into on the week end and they stole two rigs with sea cans and loaded up 1.5 million in copper wiring.
    Cops came on Monday when they opened and said “ meh” this stuff is already at the ports in Montreal and headed overseas !!
    They looked a bit found the rigs, no trailers or wire amd now insurance pays. Crappy all around when you think about it.

good luck to your friend HRP !

27. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Boy has this simple heads up thread gone sideways!

BrandonB, Deuces and lurker mick like this.
  28. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of people never miss a chance to bad mouth the police. The conviction rate is really low as the victims do not want to prosecute as they have their insurance money. Oh, yeah, they say they will prosecute but they change their minds when they realize that there is nothing in it for them. How many honestly say they will come to assist in the prosecution when they live 1,000 miles away AND have their insurance money?

Ok--back to police bashing...............................

blowby likes this.
  29. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

- ever watched the movie "The Big Lebowski"? - must remember reaction of Cop in holding yard when "The Dude" asks about them finding out who stole his car