Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods B-O-R-I-N-G

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coilover, May 4, 2021.

1. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Just one of my OT dreams. lol

2. in a tin can or Tupperware with 100 year old buggy spring suspension,,,

fauj likes this.
  3. It is pretty damn cool to turn a turd into a treasure with your own two hands. Spending countless hours searching for vintage parts, modifying them to work with your vision, all so some day you can take your pride and joy out and show it to the world.

It's also pretty damn cool to throw a car together in a couple weeks that you can take out and whip on without feeling bad about it or destroying vintage parts.

4. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Tupperware with major OT suspension. Would make me quite the heretic here. Haha. Waiting on that lucky lotto number.

fauj likes this.
  5. All will be a moot issue within a decade or so. Average age of a rodder is what, 65? sure looked that way at the last WSRN and March meets I attended. Quit NSRA when they opened rod runs to '84 Yugos but I suspect real rodders (pre-48) haven't changed and are in general quite old.

Add to that the government's goal to eliminate gasoline powered cars in general and modified cars in particular before the decade reaches the half-way mark and the end of our hobby is within spitting distance. Be comforted in the fact that we lived thru the golden age of the automobile.

6. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

10 pages of bitching about a guy bitching about his nephew building a car that captures the spirit, if not the letter, of the unique American art form of hot rodding and carrying on that spirit. Jesus Suffer’n Fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. Yup Tech Week and on the first page we have 1 tech thread and 5 threads whose main purpose is to bitch about something.

wicarnut, X38, SDhotrod and 1 other person like this.
  8. Wait are we complaining about the complaining?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. Budget36

Budget36

I think the world needs 100% vaccine compliant, and we can all go out for some fresh air;)

10. This thread is boring.

LSGUN, Tman, TCATTC and 7 others like this.
  11. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Boring machine...

zbor1.jpg
    NOT a boring machine...
    zbor2.jpg

12. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Yeah, But they are cool as hell and always have been in my book. Last time I counted I had 28 flatheads here. A lot of them I pulled from running cars and replaced them with Small block chevys for customers years ago. I do not hate Small block chevys as they are Damn good simple dependable engines, But a SBC will never be as cool as a Flathead ford.

13. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Jack, That doesn't look like a traditional Boring machine! My 1940's Van Norman doesn't have any of those fancy buttons on it!... LOL