Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1937 Ford Pickup - Chevy 348 Powered

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by '37-4D, May 5, 2021.

1. '37-4D

'37-4D

Hi Everyone,
    It's been a while since I've been here and I figured now that I sorted out a few things with the build and that she's running near perfect, I would post a few videos and photos.
    A little history:
    I started the project in late 2016 by dropping off a rusted cab at my good friend Keith's shop, Binbrook Speed and Custom in Ontario Canada. By October 2017, we had a near complete truck.
    I took possession, after the motor was built, the following fall. However I wasn't out of the waters yet. The first engine builder messed up big time and after a few more trips to his shop, the results were still no good. I decided to move on. Not everyone can restore and upgrade a late model engine!!!
    Finally a good friend in the Hot Rodding community came to the rescue. Took the truck, pulled the motor and we went for a full fresh rebuild at one of the best engine and machine shop in Southern Ontario, CarQuest London South. This was summer 2020.
    The truck came home that fall. I had the carbs freshly rebuilt, and after re-installing them myself and tweaking the progressive linkage, the results were outstanding.

Hope you enjoy these, as I am finally truly enjoying this build after 5 long years!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here she is in all her glory! She's a 100% driver now:

And here some videos of the Hooligan beast today. My wife named her: "La Delicuente"

[​IMG]

My Girls:

Attached Files:

2. Chavezk21

Chavezk21

WOW!!! that pickup is very well done!

Stogy and '37-4D like this.
  3. Truck looks great.

4. Well done

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just as nice 2nd time around @'37-4D ...I'm hopeful we'll be able to salvage some of this year for the fun stuff...looks like your primed and ready for it too...

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    '37-4D likes this.
  6. '37-4D

'37-4D

Thank you @Stogy . Just a few little bugs to sort out. New headlight switch, relay. Very minor stuff but yeaaah, I'm ready. Just wish this country would open up and let us play!

Stogy likes this.
  7. 261Chevy

261Chevy

Amazing Truck!
    I'd like to ask you a couple of questions. Who built your bed sides? They look great. What are the tire sizes? They match the truck perfectly.

8. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

What transmission does it have? Cast Iron Power Slide? LOL!

9. Sorry guys, the original poster has not been back here for a couple years.

10. Toms Dogs

Toms Dogs
    from NJ

11. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

Wow what a great build and the results are fantastic!