Register now to get rid of these ads!

How To Post Images On A Thread

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Ryan, May 12, 2014.

1. Well now I've already had to edit my response because I just reread your post and you say this problem even happens with older pictures that have uploaded properly before. Maybe Ryan's tinkering with something under the hood on the site and things are acting wonky, hopefully temporarily.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Thanks for the response. Sometimes I find it difficult to explain a particular problem, sorry if it was unclear. Yes, it is happening with older stored images that have transferred fine in the past. At first I thought it was an issue with the phone/camera, but it seems to be how the HAMB is "accepting" the images. Something has changed in that regard. It's driving me nuts. If I try to edit images before posting them to make them larger of course I lose clarity. It's very frustrating. I keep hoping that it will change back on its' own as I have no idea how to correct it....Thanks,......Don.

3. Just a quick test with an image that has transferred fine in the past........ 044-vi (1) (1).jpg

ClayMart likes this.
  4. Now that's strange. It worked fine.:confused:....That's probably not a fair comparison though as it isn't an image that I produced, but that of a friend that is stored on my computer.

5. Now a test on an image that I took with my phone/camera just this past Sunday... thumbnail (6).jpg

6. That turns out as a "quarter page" image.:confused:

7. Sorry, I need to stop posting on this tutorial page and cluttering it up with my issue.

8. Don't worry about that . . . The reason @Ryan started this thread was to help sort out these kinds of problems. Maybe he'll pop in here if he's got a spare moment and offer some advice.

In the meantime, the easiest thing you might try is using a different browser and attempt a couple uploads and see how it works. :rolleyes:

9. Hemi511

Hemi511

Some times I post a pic and it gets turned. Why would that happen? 20201102_191453.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Good question and maybe ClayMart can help. It seems to happen to me when I snap an image of something Red at times. I know that sounds crazy and I really have no explanation. When it does that I just edit it, rotate it, then save it.

11. Most all digital cameras contain an orientation sensor that can be turned on or off, and I'm assuming that this is also true of most cell phone cameras as well. In most "camera only" units turning this sensor off will probably result in the camera treating every shot as if it was shot in landscape mode, meaning that the image will display as being wider than it is tall.

Cell phone cameras, considering the way they tend to be held, may default to treating all your shots as if they were taken in portrait mode, displaying as taller than they are wide. It might be worth checking your camera menus to see if this orientation sensor is turned on or off.

Even if it is turned on, which should automatically correct your display mode for whichever way the camera is held, sometimes the sensor can have trouble detecting the correct orientation, especially if you're shooting with the camera pointing at an upward or downward angle.

12. Hemi511

Hemi511

Thanks, I usually take pics with phone. It's an Android, and I've never really been happy with the photo quality. I'll nose through the settings though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Part Timer

Part Timer

Test 62664950671__9C9F7C1F-D7DB-4B61-B813-89A417D4AF76.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. Part Timer

Part Timer

Test IMG_3421.JPG

15. Part Timer

Part Timer

Test IMG_3265.JPG

16. 21studder

21studder
    from Finland

17. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

18. Crotty 32

Crotty 32

19. R&C RON

R&C RON

Haven't posted in years, tried to post a new thread yesterday....really screwed it up. Time to re-learn.

fullsizeoutput_2d04.jpeg

Testing 123

fullsizeoutput_2d04.jpeg

Attached Files:

20. R&C RON

R&C RON

Getting there.

fullsizeoutput_2b91.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2b8d.jpeg

21. R&C RON

R&C RON

One more.

fullsizeoutput_2b8f.jpeg

Testing.......

PICT0002.JPG

The37Kid and lothiandon1940 like this.
  22. Testing if i can post a pdf :confused:

Attached Files:

23. Chief 64

Chief 64

I cannot see them, keep trying it will get easy once you get over all the little steps

24. Thanks chief, Lets see if the screen shot test works.
    Screenshot_2021-05-04 hotrod 1-1 pdf.png Screenshot_2021-05-04 hotrod 2 pdf.png

Darryl Deir likes this.
  25. Chief 64

Chief 64

I see them:D

Darryl Deir and Lil32 like this.
  26. i420

i420

27. oldfordnutt

oldfordnutt
    from Modesto,Ca

The y-block looks awesome not sure if your dad or uncle would approve but I love it!

28. 64coolbrez

64coolbrez
    from Dover pa.

29. 64coolbrez

64coolbrez
    from Dover pa.

Alanp561 this was an excellent post you wrote, you said it all. I totally agree I also belong to that age group. Grate job! Well some day I'll figure out this damn tablet with these pictures. He'll i have better luck spotting in Candy Red!