Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The official Packard owners thread!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott Miller, Sep 9, 2008.

1. WDobos

WDobos

This is my 1948 Packard Deluxe Standard Eight. It was bought new by my Father in Jan. of 1948. He kept it untill 1999 when he gave it to me.

Attached Files:

v8flat44 likes this.

2. Holy SHIT! :eek: That's a great looking ride man. :D

3. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Nice!

4. TALLRAM

TALLRAM
    from TEXAS

Hey any Texas members with Packard v8 rebuild experience ? 1956 352. Looking for local rebuild

5. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

I had forgot about this thread until know and also realized I did not post pictures of the limo so here they are.It has Cadillac front and rear suspension and a 500 inch cad engine.We like to load up the family and got to dinner every once in awhile. We drove it to the LA Roadster show a couple years ago.

Attached Files:

6. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Here is a 50 I've been working on for years. Still needs a lot of attention.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my daily driver...
    [​IMG]

7. loburban

loburban

I have 1946 clipper looks like a limo to me, all original straight eight,jump seats between front and rear seats, solid South Dakota car/SD title, 37,000 actual miles, tha could be bought. email [email protected] for pics

8. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

My '55 Packard 400. She's getting a refreshed Packard 352 v8 this winter, and will be road ready after 37 years of sitting!

Attached Files:

9. KC0QCD

KC0QCD

Here's as good a place to start as any. I traded into this 1953 Mayfair and hope to get her running with the original driveline. I'm having trouble getting the state to give me a title on it, though. Where exactly is the Packard engine number on the straight 8? Thanks!

Attached Files:

10. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but I've got a '55 Clipper Deluxe 4 door. Its a pretty stripped down model, 320 V8, normal (non-torsion) suspension, no real fancy options or anything.

Plenty of rust though!

11. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

My son and I stumbled on a '56 2dr hdtp in a field looking for pieces for my '34 pu. needs a windshield and the mice ate all the interior, but the wiring is completely unmolested by beast (nor man :)wiithin a day we had all the elec windows, power seat and the torsion level working. Straight-A body,all good chrome, paint's weathered on top, sides are nice. 374" is being gone through right now and it'll have a 700r4 behind it.

12. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Got a 37 3w 120,it's got jag front clip,9''and 350/350 combo,in the middle of doing the RHD conversion,i''ll post some pic's when it's done,cheers,Gaz!

Wanted-37/3w,door garnish molds.

13. danzboys

danzboys

I have a 1956 Packard Executive that I just acquired. Has anyone ever bagged a torsion bar suspension car? I was wondering if I could remove the torsion bars and then replace the shocks with the bags. I've been studying the drawings and it looks like it's doable, but I think I'm missing something, any help is appreciated.

CDR D

14. carbuilder

carbuilder

I am converting a 41 coupe to a convertible & have a 41 convertible for patterns & major rust repair over the next year plus.

15. gauthier

gauthier

hey,

here you have my 1938 packard business coupe
    just started to build it as a traditional custom

Attached Files:

16. PackardV8

PackardV8

Why remove the torsion bars? Just run the bars on their softest setting and use the bags for tuning the height and ride you want.

jack vines

17. danzboys

danzboys

That's true, good point. Still trying to get her going first, then I'll go from there, but a good idea.

CDR D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

I have 4 Packards

19. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

And not a single picture of one.:rolleyes: :D

20. spiders web

spiders web

Some pics on my albums. I have a 55 Clipper Constellation, a 40 120 4 door, a 48 club sedan fastback and a 41 business coupe getting the works. 41 has fatman 2" drop spindles with disc brakes, 6 cylinder coils giving about a 5" front drop. Six inch lowering blocks with 48 eight cyl inline flattie. Aluminum head and dual carb intake with home made header for dual exhaust. Taking 2 inches out of crown of roof then chopping 2" in front and 3" in back. Removing rear stock window and welding in chopped and narrowed 1940 split rear window. Skirts and running boards with a 40 packard 120 clip. May lay radiator back a little. Can't decide if the dash (which has rectangle guages) from 41 should be left or changed with 1939 dash with round guages. Should be sick!!!!

21. harpboys4

harpboys4
    from So Cal

I am going to be selling the limo I have posted in this thread. My father passed away in June of last year and need some space for other cars we have.PM if any interest.

22. Jon Johnson

Jon Johnson

I just purchased a sweet 1946 Packard Clipper here in Colorado... This car really turns heads and it looks like Marilyn Monroe had a baby with Al Capone. Packard Favorite One.jpg

v8flat44, Jim Bouchard and Oilguy like this.
  23. Fleetside

Fleetside

My old girl. Not the prettiest girl at the dance. But I'm working on that.

Attached Files:

24. 3speedoverdrive

3speedoverdrive

Didn't realize there was a dedicated Packard thread.... Anyway, here is my 41 coupe 110 Special. Powered by a 350 Olds hooked to a 200-4R auto. Still has the original 4.30 rear end.
    pak2 (2).jpg pak4.jpg rear.jpg dashboard.jpg cowltag.jpg godess.jpg

Jim Bouchard likes this.
  25. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It is a 39 Super 8 Touring Sedan. Uses the 120 Body and the last year for the three piece straight eight.

26. JWL115C

JWL115C
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Engine number is on the left hand side of the engine and stamped on a smoothed pad. Some are in the middle up high and others further back. If you need more info go to PackardInfo.com.