Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What is the most amount of Rat crap you have found in an old car you have purchased ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lumpy 63, May 2, 2021.

1. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

So last week I purchased a 49 Studebaker 2R5 pickup. In the past I have bought vehicles that have had rodents living in them but this one take's the cake. It is a very solid So Cal truck with minimal rust. When I took out the seat back the back of the cab was filled with rat shit and seat stuffingo_O I donned a good face mask and started vacuuming what I could get up... What was left was hard cement like mess that I had to chisel off.... After an hour or so I had removed about 90 percent of it . At that point I was done , stripped my clothes off and took a good hot shower. I will pressure was the rest. What kind of animal shits and pisses where it sleeps???

2. squirrel

squirrel

no pictures?

That sounds pretty bad. The worst I've dealt with was in Tucson, the pack rats like to put cholla cactus into cars. So it's a real bitch to get it cleaned out, because the thorns really hurt if you touch them.

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Sorry squirrel , I was pretty grossed out .... I can post pics of the inside of my vacuum and trash can. I think I am going to soak the remainder with vinegar to break it down before I pressure wash it.

4. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

It was like f ing peanut brittle when I was chipping it out....

scotty t and Roothawg like this.

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Local mice do it all the time. Little bastards.

6. Then where there are rodents - surprise - the rattle snakes arrive to eat the rodents.

7. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Make sure you have a mask on around the poop. It affects your health causing spots in your lungs that can turn into cancer. I wouldn't wear your clothes into the house after cleaning up the mess.

Lil32 and lumpy 63 like this.
  8. Actually traded for a 1940 4 door sedan out of Kansas - no offense guys - it did have a really nice front clip ! And then there was that 1956 Savoy out of Georgia that had made it here - so no telling if it had sat in an old Texas farm field. Both were stripped and sent on to a happier place....

9. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I wore an N95 mask and thankfully it appeared that wood rats were living in it and not Hanta virus mice....

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  10. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Cleaning out the 51 Chevrolet Business Coupe was't much fun at all. The plywood platform that takes the place of a rear seat had to be lifted out, and underneath it was filled to the plywood with rat/mouse crap, and some nest too. I used a small shovel to get most of it, then a shop vac, and then washed the interior with bleach and lots of water. The came out thew Purple power. Despite all the crap, the floors were in really good shape (???); I thought they would be almost non-existent. The only part of the entire floor that needed any attention was the front passenger side. I'll NEVER do that again! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

lumpy 63 likes this.
  11. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I cleaned out my 50 chevy pu of mouse crap, and it was no joy but it was nothing compared to cleaning out the attic of by brothers barn. Damn raccoons crap bigger than my dog!

12. noboD

noboD

In '03 a friend bought a '15 Dodge Brother touring car at Hershey that had come from Kansas. It had been put into an enclosed trailer two weeks before making the trip. When they took it out of the trailer a live rat was still going strong. We chased him for two days during the show trying to get him out. When the car came to my house to store it I had to shoot the bastard to get rid of him. I washed a full five gallon bucket full of crap, corn, and acorns out of that car. I found several generations of skeletons too.

13. Fairly disgusting thread.:eek:

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Man this thread makes me hungry.....

lumpy 63 likes this.
  15. Budget36

Budget36

Isn’t Rat shit anti HAMB?

Some members here get all the breaks;)

seb fontana, lumpy 63 and Wanderlust like this.
  16. Bob Lowry

Bob Lowry

I bought a VW Westy bus that had been sitting in a backyard for 10yrs. Super deal, I thought.
    Got it home and it was like a rodent condo inside. I had to completely dismantle every inch
    of the inside and found crap in places I would have thought it was impossible to get to.

And the worst part, even after completely disinfecting the inside 3x, when summer came and
    the interior heated up, it gave off a nasty reminder that the little buggers had called it home.

I have never bought another rodent car again.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. no55mad

no55mad

Merkle's cars from the 'Car Garden' collection have been known to be full of it for sure! They were parked (hundreds of vehicles) in the hills west of Bakersfield Ca.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  18. A buddy bought a car with a cracked 396 in it. Not exactly rat crap but definitely a crap rat :D

Bob Lowry and vtx1800 like this.
  19. My wife doesn't understand why I allow black snakes to live in my shop/garage and in the crawl space under the house. I tell her that I would much rather have snakes than rodents any day!

Guy Patterson likes this.
  20. I cleaned out enough to fill half of a 5 gallon bucket from the top of my fuel tank and frame rail on my Panel Truck. They said it sat outside around the 29 palms area desert.

Guy Patterson likes this.
  21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

About 8 years ago my neighbor brought home his '63 Falcon Futura he'd had stored in his buddy's barn for 20 years, and I bought it from him as a gasser project. No surprise about how bad the mouse problem was as when I opened the doors it smelled of mouse piss. But the other clue was the floors were full of nesting material up even with the front and rear seats!! And the headliner had holes in it the mice had chewed to find new areas to nest!
    It took 6 five gal. shop vacs full to get it all out, and then more after I pulled out the seats and headliner! After a thorough hosing down later, and a going over with a 6" wire wheel on my angle grinder; I painted the entire inside floors, doors, and roof with Rustoleum gloss black to seal it. Only then could I begin tearing into it and building my car.
    PS-And I found numerous bare skeletons of mice that had died sometime in the past!

22. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Are you talking about a 427 Chev?

23. Lil'Alb

Lil'Alb
    from brier, wa

I dragged home a 38 Ford Tudor with a pregnant pack rat living in the trunk. My mutt wouldn't go near the thing. My neighbor's Jack Russell Terrier chomped the rat firmly in the face causing instant death and bugged out eyes like Large Marge. Incidentally, I picked up the freshly dead pack rat by the tail to chuck it into the brush and the tail debraded itself leaving a skeleton tail. Weird!