Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Big daddy's 1960 El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lloyd's paint & glass, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Moved to a different staging area lol. Love the big & littles. Can't wait to run this thing in the shop. Screenshot_20210426-085803_Gallery.jpg

2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Have you tried The El Camino store??

3. Man I've spent hours on Google looking for patches, but don't know if i saw an el camino store?

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  4. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

was bought up by Ecklers

5. Lol yeah i just looked it up and it took me to Eckler's

6. I've come to the conclusion that there are no quarter/patch panels anywhere on earth for this year El Camino. But i will persevere. Still rather have this car than any other car.

mad mikey, chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  7. Picture a 6'4" tall, 300lb hairy man dancing and smiling, because i found some!! I'll make em work :D that's right, Big Daddy is happy;) Screenshot_20210429-211606_Chrome.jpg

8. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

it's that charmed life you lead......

9. I’ve installed those on a 59.
    Have fun

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  10. I'm fucking tickled to death! Neither of you fuckers can bring me down ;):p

11. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

man, I ain't trying to bring you down. You lead a charmed life so of course you found them....

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  12. I meant to enjoy em.
    Cuttin and weldin is almost as fun as he’n and she’n

13. Lmao! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally! I've pronounced 2 drug addicts dead today, one elderly woman, cut a young lady out of a wreck, and worked another wreck on the interstate. Bad day compared to most. Finished cleaning the firehouse and sat down at the supper table. Thought, I'll look again while i have down time, but this time i punched in 60 impala. Says these might need lengthened at the rear for a wagon, so hell yeah, PayPal sent, fingers crossed! I'm happy, not really charmed though ;)

14. I know man ;) I'm all about the fab work. I hate block sanding :rolleyes::D

15. I love that part.

safetythird and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I love getting panels in the mail. I've put $10,000 worth of stuff on an O/T 70 cuda AAR that hit a bridge in 75. I am officially on the down hill slide now. LOL Thank God for AMD. :D

17. I have an account with AMD but they don't have anything for my car :oops: none of my vendors do! Lol... but i guess that's part of the fun huh o_O

18. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

It's too bad they don't make stuff for your car. Everything I have bought from them MOPAR wise is spot on perfect fit. Not cheap but exact fit. You'll be fine with the schott panels, Your a good bodyman you can fudge and make them work. We are stuck with what we can get anymore. I remember when there was OEM stuff and that's it. Now I'd kill and gladly pay for OEM. LOL.

19. Yeah AMD is class act on everything I've gotten from them. No complaints there. Hopefully they pickup some of the el camino stuff

mad mikey, dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  20. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey ya Lloyd. Was gonna make my usual "fat hairy ass", or such comment, but after reading this post I gotta say you're one hell of a guy... Thanks for what you do. Much respect my friend, much respect!

21. Man they pay me pretty good, and somebody has to do it, right? That's what i keep telling myself lol. Had another death around 3am this morning. Bad day in Moco :rolleyes: but I'm home now! 4 more years..... 4 more years....... 4 more years......:D

22. I don’t either, I just Marketplace. lol
    He says he has thousands of panels from 1939 to 1964

23. Lmao! I forwarded that link to my buddy sitting here at work so i could see it ;)

mad mikey likes this.
  24. I have to say, that Elco is toooo cooool. Going to be a great car. Around here , just don't see them anymore.

25. Gonna have a straight axle, small block, and a 4 speed. That's about all I'm sure of at this point lol

26. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Lloyd. If you have not bought those yet , check out www.millsupply.com They have the right one in stock and the if you order now they estimate the left one in two weeks, $143.43 each. This company has been around for ever . I got those exact same panels from them 30 years ago and put them on a 60 sedan delivery. The only difference was back in 1990 they where 75.00 lol The part numbers are 53- 60- 56Rh and 53-60-56 Lh Now quite goofing off and get back to work ya Slacker! lol Larry

Budget36 and mad mikey like this.
  27. YEA! This is going to be great. I am excited for you and the Elco. Will be watching this build for sure. Have fun and stay safe big guy.:)

chevy57dude likes this.
  28. Done bought em and they are supposed to be here this week. ;):D

0NE BAD 51 MERC and Peanut 1959 like this.