Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 27 Ford Model T Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, May 1, 2021.

1. I am finishing up a couple projects to include a new two story 16x28 mini barn at my house, which I have been wanting to do for the last 15 years, will be insulated, lift etc hope to finish by mid-summer.

I have been gathering parts for awhile now and hope to start on this soon. My plan is to use parts to build it as a street/strip drag car that someone may have built in the 60's. I want to use mag wheels, pie crust slicks, hope to pick up a quickchange rear axle, it will be a 4 speed. Planning on a Model A frame. The shell is solid overall, I picked up a pair of doors that need some work, also have a trunk lid. I do plan on chopping it some. I am not worried about the metal work, have various welders, have built many cars from scratch etc.

I have a lot of choices for drivetrains, some a little more wild than others, curious as to what people's thoughts are on this. I am a die hard Chevy guy, but any GM will do but I won't frown on a Hemi.

392 Hemi, complete runner, have a blowshield for it but will need a Mopar trans or adapter. I also have a blower for this, obviously will through motor if I do this motor.

Various SBC's, have a couple already built and a couple others ready to assemble. I would make sure they all had vintage speed parts, have early M/T cross ram etc. Have a couple Super T10's, Muncies.

Buick Nailhead 364, Super T10, fabricated oil pan, couple sets of finned valve covers, two dual quad intakes one of which has 409 carbs, also a tri power.

409 Chevy, factory alum intake, finned valve covers etc.

Pontiac 350, runner which I would go through and trim it out for a vintage look, have a blowshield for this and can use one of the 4 speeds I have.

Attached are pics of the shell I have and ideas of the look I will go for.

I appreciate the insight you guys have, I am at ground zero right now.

Tim
    Lynn, Ma

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    AndersF likes this.
  2. AndersF

AndersF

This will be fun to follow.
    Its all great engine choises you have for the build.
    I am a Moparguy and have a Dodge 55 hemi in my build.
    But its hard to ignore the advantage of using a Chevy smallblock.
    If you plan to do some passes on the strip its more easy to live with a blown CSB then a Hemi, Pontiac or a Nailhead.

3. Yeah not sure what I will do, just in the planning stage now. Thanks for the response!

4. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I had a T Coupe for a few years, and eventually quit it. Now I want another one ;) or maybe I will track my old one down, and build it differently this time.

I struggle deciding between a 50s/60s show era car with flash paint & chromies & whitewalls, and a more race oriented car like the Condor Coupe

My old car:

Family Camera May 2012 079.JPG

The Condor Coupe (probably the coolest 26 Coupe ever)

Condors T.jpg

And a more "show" type version of a 26 T

Yella 1.jpg

BOSTONCAMARO likes this.

5. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

I guess thats not really much help to you at all, is it?

BOSTONCAMARO likes this.
  6. Scored some parts today IMG_9229.jpeg IMG_9228.jpeg IMG_9230.jpeg IMG_9231.jpeg IMG_9232.jpeg IMG_9233.jpeg IMG_9234.jpeg IMG_9235.jpeg IMG_9238.jpeg IMG_9229.jpeg IMG_9228.jpeg IMG_9230.jpeg IMG_9231.jpeg IMG_9232.jpeg IMG_9233.jpeg IMG_9234.jpeg IMG_9235.jpeg IMG_9238.jpeg