Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods aussie rodders help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by f10054, Apr 29, 2021.

1. f10054

f10054

Hi Guys looking for any rodders from australia who might be able to help, here goes long story , got Lee Kay to make me two steel doors and a trunk lid for a 40 willys coupe which he did and they were stunning , got them delivered to CFR Rinkins shippers in CA they were to go in a friends container and then here to Scotland but Rinkins sent them along with other parts ,my mates new set of wheels , a new torque convertor etc to Australia , they went in with a couple of series one chevy cabs that the guy in australia was shipping, Rinkins wont tell me who the guy is in Australia because they say its data protection they said they have contacted him but he will not reply, avoid any dealings with this lot my panels were over $9000 and they say if I can prove gross neglegence their policy is to only pay $500 per claim . do any of you decent aussie rodders know who this might be , any help would be much appreciated . I know you have a big ole country guys but maybe someone can help, maybe the guy who has my doors/ trunk lid and the other guys stuff will read this and do the decent thing. thanks for the post.

ottoman and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Based on CFR's web site they seem like a top notch shipping company. But obviously not based on your experience. Sounds like you need to get the local authorities in Buena Park, CA involved or unfortunately an attorney. Hope you find your parts.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Hi Bill, you have a pm, Rinkens tried similar shit with me and they caved when I got the insurance ombudsman involved.

4. I have a friend north of Ballarat who has been there a long time. I will forward this thread to him.

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. f10054

f10054

Thank you thats great.

chryslerfan55 and 48fordnut like this.
  6. Reidy

Reidy

I know of a business that deals and imports that sort of stuff. They seem honest and I would not think for a moment that they would be involved in any dishonest practices. It may be a long shot but they may have heard a story about panels coming into the country as they seem well connected. They are https://www.mwusaimports.com/previous-imports .I want to really stress that I do not think these guys would be ripping people off. I am only suggesting them as a helpful lead.

Steve

7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. hudson48

hudson48

CFR Rinkins handled the unloading of the Hudson when I took it over to USA and loading etc for return trip. They were great to me and in fact when it was landed at Oakland and delivered to their holding yard the rep came in on a Sunday so e could pick up the car and get on the road. I might have some contacts but the name Connie who is in the 15501 Texaco Ave, Paramount, CA office was a big help.
    If you want some other contacts PM me and I will look but it was three years ago.

9. f10054

f10054

Steve understand what your saying , will give them a try and thanks again steve.

10. f10054

f10054

Hi Pete no idea was only told by Rinkins that they had sent my panels etc to Australia, will try a post where you suggested , thanks Pete.

chryslerfan55 and panhead_pete like this.
  11. f10054

f10054

any contacts in Australia would be great , thanks.

12. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

Let's hope your parts turn up I'm sure hot rodders will do to correct up front thing

13. When did this all take place ? Any pics of those new wheels . They might show up on Ebay.Au or even gumtree.
    BTW, how many 1940 Willys coupes in Australia ? Anyone know if a Australian built Willys has the same body dimensions as a U.S. Willys. Including four door sedans as well ? Will a coupe door fit a sedan ? All leads or hints need to be available for the sleuths.

14. f10054

f10054

thats what i am hoping for.

15. f10054

f10054

coupe doors wont fit a sedan ,

16. OK, another idea. Look under social forums and see if you can either join the Aussie group or look at the list of members and ask one to post this thread to the forum. it will then go to all the members I believe. Not absolutely sure but I bet one of the Moderators could help you with the process.

17. f10054

f10054

I tried to join a aussie forum but would not let me said my email was not accepted, was also going to ask if any rodders in california could recommend a lawyer who might be able to help , maybe one that does no win no fee , as Rinkins are just blanking me and and not replying to any of my emails, maybe a lawyer could get the name of the guy in Australia who has my stuff.

18. f10054

f10054

UK law will be different to US law but would this be a police matter in the USA as Rinkins know where they sent my goods but wont tell me who has them its a sort of theft .

19. F10054, good news. spoke with Moriarty about the AU social forum and he posted a link over there to your thread. Let's hope something comes from it. Keep us posted.

20. twenty8

twenty8

So no solid evidence that they actually even left the US? Just what they told you................
    Not an accusation, simply an observation.

21. Try Steve Coade, Early Times Autos at [email protected]..........I had a pair of repo 1940 Plymouth running boards sent from Arizona to another company that Steve uses at that Paramount address 3-4 weeks ago, my running boards will hopefully be in the next shipment in 4-6 weeks into Oz...........Steve maybe able to help..........good luck...........Andy Douglas

Lil32 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that it is their responsibility to contact who ever the container is addressed to and request the return of those parts. They know exactly who it was going to and where and should have the info on when it was delivered.
    Series 1 Cab ?? meaning 47/53 or 54/55 first series? I can post on a truck group I am on and see if I can find anything out.

23. f10054

f10054

thats great news will keep you posted if any news , again thanks.

24. f10054

f10054

Thanks Andy will give Steve a try .

25. f10054

f10054

sorry should have said 47/53, and thanks for the truck post.

26. f10054

f10054

your right no solid evidence, they said they had added the doors/trunk lid , wheels etc to the guy from australia paper work in error so were loaded in his container ,I think I am going to have to get a lawyer as they wont reply to my emails , my doors / trunk lid were dropped off at their place in June 2020 ( delivery firm took a picture of them in their yard) so nearly a year ago.

Asphalt Demon likes this.
  27. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Have posted on the Ozrodders site for you.
    http://ozrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65775

28. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lawyer up and focus on Rinken. It would be unlikely that that shipment would have been the one and only sent to the guy in Australia over time. You only have their word that they have tried to contact him.

29. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Hi again Bill, as I said to you in my pm to you, all you need to do is contact the local insurance ombudsman.....it's free as the ombudsman bills rinkens. They tried ignoring me, then they tried bullying me and I didn't have as much evidence as you. They have admitted to you that they sent your panels to the wrong person/country. Trust me, they NEVER IGNORE the ombudsman, remember it's cases like this that keep the ombudsman employed.

panhead_pete likes this.
  30. f10054

f10054

Hi Bobby do you have details on how to contact ombudsman