Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Junk Pile, Need Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NRPOLO, Apr 29, 2021.

1. NRPOLO

NRPOLO

Got all this stuff in our Ranch's old junk pile and want to build something before the wife requires a scrap trip. Anyone recognize what the Doddlebug was made from? What would you build with all/any of this? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. millersgarage

millersgarage

Make something outta that cab, skip the rest

kidcampbell71, 51 mercules and 56don like this.
  3. deuceman32

deuceman32

The 33 Ford truck cab in pic3 is where I would start.

kidcampbell71 and 51 mercules like this.
  4. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

The cowl looks to be dodge.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

It has a six cylinder engine, and the grille shell has a Chevy logo -shaped indentation in it, so I'm guessing it was built from a Chevrolet? ;)

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. The Ford truck cab might be worth saving.

kidcampbell71 and 51 mercules like this.
  7. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

6 cylinder is chevy and I agree you should use the truck cab to build a nice hot rod

8. Penetrator

Penetrator
    from SK CAN

Chevy never made a flathead six. I think it's a F'N Dodge.

9. The doors on the pickup cab are gold if they're decent.

hotrodjack33 likes this.
  10. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I see an interesting truck cab, a cowl that might be the start of some sort of speedster for someone, some interesting trading or swap meet material and some scrap iron.
    The Artsie fartisie brigade is really into things like those pulleys and gears on that old tank right now.
    Those artillery wheels Are either project fodder or swap meet items to sell and buy something you want. Actually that is what I would do with a lot of it, Sort it out, haul it to a swap meet, get some spending money and go spend it on something you really want for your build.

34 GAZ and chryslerfan55 like this.
  11. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I've built home mades from similar:

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  12. Rusty J

Rusty J

The dash pic is from a 28 Oakland.

13. That cowl isn’t Dodge Brothers, they were all welded steel, no wood. Mitch

14. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree. When was the last time you saw a door bottom reveal on a "gully find" 33/34 pickup? Wonder if the other door is as nice?

15. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Sell the 33 cab to someone who needs the doors for their good cab and give 1/2 the cash to your wife to cool her down. Then use the rest of the cash to build a TROG style speedster using the Buick/Oakland/Dodge/Whatzit cowl and frame and that flathead Ford.

16. [QUOTE="Mr48chev, post: 14044570, member: 45559"
    The Artsie fartisie brigade is really into things like those pulleys and gears on that old tank right now.
    [/QUOTE]

Enough to build a few little robot things for sure. I see stuff scattered everywhere. :cool: Lots of nice weathered grey lumber as well. Build your own replica green acres style gas station .o_O and that cab is a gift.

17. Lotsa different pieces there- the grille shell is '28 Chevrolet truck ('27 Chevrolet car is aluminum), but the engine is '29 or later. The cowl is not Chevrolet, not Dodge... having a total brainfart on the dash)...

18. catdad49

catdad49

Lotsa pieces, you just need to sort ‘em and put ‘em in the correct places, an auto jigsaw puzzle of sorts. Have Fun!

19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

That pile of gears would fetch you nice money at your local hipster interior decorator place.

that poor ford flathead out in the nowhere surrounded by all those oddball non fords

20. NRPOLO

NRPOLO

Thanks very much for the ideas. Yea, the doors on the ford are solid with just surface rust. I have the bed to the truck, it was converted to a cow feeder but could be unconverted. The old wagon in the 5th picture I believe is a model A. Got a bunch of nice Ford rims and a couple more grills to work with. Unfortunately someone cut the top out of the cab for a trough. Does anyone have any tricks for replacement. I think I saw someone use a 57 Chevy hood which looked pretty cool.

21. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Ford cab and flathead.

22. Wish you were closer- I could use that '28 grille for patches on mine :D