Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone Buy ET Wheels from Team III?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Gilbybarr, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Gilbybarr

Gilbybarr

Hello folks....question for you. I am wanting to order some ET Sebring wheels for the '34 Ford High Boy we are building. To get a few questions answered, I tried all day today (Monday) to reach someone at Team III in California who sells them, and got no answer....shop phone number message box is "full" (no answer) and on the listed cell number I left a message and text and got no answer or response. Am I missing something? Their website looks to be updated. Thanks for any feedback or input. Ed in Knoxville.

2. modified1927

modified1927

Ed, Rich here in Oakdale I grew up in Hayward a few miles from Team 3, I run ET 2’s and 3’s. Last thing I bought was Hoosier from them in 16”dia. They may be closed on Monday I’ll give them a call tomorrow and see if they pick up. Got to stick together IMG_8752.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Gilbybarr

Gilbybarr

Thanks Rich.....I just got a reply from the text saying that their cell phone was not at the shop today (Monday) and we can talk tomorrow (Tuesday). We'll see how it goes. If anyone out there is running the Sebring wheels, would love to hear feedback or see pics. I am planning 16" (5" wide in front and 6" in rear), lug in Ford pattern with the decorative knock off spinners. Planning to use Diamond Back Auburn Deluxe "bias look" blackwall radials.

AHotRod likes this.
  4. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I put a set on a '57 vette Sebring clone for my customer. Sorry no pictures. The transaction with Team 3 was satisfactory. That was about 3 years ago.

5. modified1927

modified1927

image.jpg I like the Sebring Wheels also, just not my era. Graduated HS in ‘67, five spokes and Halibrands. These are the 31x12.5R 16’s on Eric Vaugh widened ET3’s 12” now

catdad49, AHotRod and Max Gearhead like this.
  6. Understand, Team III is basically a one man show

7. modified1927

modified1927

And a nice lady in the office last time I was there. Just before Fathersday Swap meet 2019. They were loading their truck when I picked up some tires.

Dan Hay likes this.
  8. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Huh. I had assumed they were a III man show.

Dan Hay, Roothawg and catdad49 like this.
  9. modified1927

modified1927

You’d be right he has a machinist too and one of the III is a woman

10. cpd682

cpd682
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from DFW, Texas

I purchased their Sebring wheels for my car last summer. Happy with the wheels and Team 3 overall. It was not clear on the order form at the time, the decorative spinners are available in angled and flat options. I wanted two of each but got 4 angled and had to return two for the flat option. Flat looks better on the narrower front wheels.
    As others said they are a small family business and it took me a week or so to get in touch but they delivered as promised. Took about 3 week from order for mine to ship.

[​IMG]

loudbang and Budget36 like this.