Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '32 front fenders versus 33/34

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35fordcoupe, Apr 27, 2021.

1. 35fordcoupe

35fordcoupe
    from Virginia

I have searched on the topic and still am having a hard time confirming this pair. I got three fenders. The left one in the first pic I know and the other two I need help with.

I believe the left one in the first pic is 33/34 pickup. It has the bump and the mounting surface to the frame is curved (pic 2).

The middle one is flat on the frame mounting surface (pic 3), but has a suspicious distortion where the 33/34 bump would be, but no cutting or welding (pic 4). The bump seems too flat to just be a 33/34 hammered on. Maybe it's a 32 someone just hammered over 33/34 rivets trying to fit it?

The right one in the first pic has a cut out where the bump would be, but the frame mounting surface is flat although the picture doesn't show well (pic 5).

What do I have?

Edit: Having a hard time loading the pics so I can reference them well so disregard my picture numbers and just call out what you see.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

The black pair are 32. The single is 33-34 truck. See the very front mounting hole? 32s are centered in the flange whereas 33-34 truck are offset to the outside.

3. 35fordcoupe

35fordcoupe
    from Virginia

Nice. Thanks for the tip. That's what I was leaning toward, but I didn't know what was going on in the crossmember area.

So I have two 32 pairs (one with a wheel well) to make something work on my pickup. Unfortunately the 33/34 truck fender is probably the nicest.

Thanks