Register now to get rid of these ads!

History NOT FOR LOVE NOR MONEY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 23, 2021.

1. big bird

big bird

Someday I hope to find "that car". In the meantime...

2. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I may have had a car that I should not have sold. It is probably in the list of the ones I wish I had back.

3. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I have what I call a "kick myself in the ass for selling it" list. So I'm a little gun shy about selling 3 of my cars... Uncle Harry's Plymouth, the Stude and my 4 56 Studebaker.JPG Coupe that I've wanted since I built an AMT model at the age of 9 yrs. But... the others I could be talked out of.
    Coupe n Plymouth.JPG

60Pioneer likes this.
  4. 60Pioneer

60Pioneer

My grandpa's OT El Camino is the first car I remember riding in around 3 years old. He passed 15 years ago and my grandma gave it to me. I needed money to pay my taxes a few years ago, so I sold it..... to my dad. He's almost finished restoring it.

I got my '60 Dodge for my 14th birthday. Been and off and on project for almost 22 years now. I've definitely felt discouraged a few times, but have never wanted to give up on it. I can't replace the lessons this thing has taught me. Almost on the road! These 2 cars will never leave the family. 20210409_183153.jpg

51pontiac likes this.
  5. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I am half and half... I love alot of different cars, but living in the suburbs due to work and life I am constrained for now, But thinking of looking for a place with a 3 car garage etc. Or just save my money and build the shop I want soon and retire early... I love everything from the teens to the 60s... Nothing rides like 50s-60s cars, just cool, nothing looks more hotrod than fenderless 28-34 cars.

This one has a stupid price if anyone asks.. It does everything like I want it to, gets worked like a truck also, dependable and was build #1 for me. 56-1.jpg

The other bay in the garage is me living out all the other cars/trucks what I like and want to own or try out etc.

Current affair... And for sale... 31-01.jpg

I guess for me, I love making a car or truck more than it ever was destined to be. I have a few cars left on the bucket list, 1960 buick, 1932 Ford Tudor (Id arm wrestle HRP for his) , 1940 Ford Coupe, 1956/57/58 Chevy Truck, 1931 Ford Coupe, 1958 Brookwood wagon, 1961 Impala 2drHT...
    If I was rich I'd own em all, but that's not the case right now... I buy and build, sell one side of my garage to get to experience the dreams etc that I have and wants... Each build sells to pay for the next... Save alot by doing most everything myself other than transmissions.

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

I don't think I could unless the situation was dire. Even then, I'd likely find some other way. There have been a few times when either need or opportunity presented itself. I get emails or messages every so often about folks interested in buying.

PSX_20210426_200421.jpg

It's not even done but it's been in my head for a long time. I want to see it to the end and have fun with it.

Everything else can go.

51pontiac likes this.
  7. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I guess I’ll get rid of mine for love, when the time comes, to help provide me and my wife a safe place when we can no longer live on our own.

-Brent- likes this.