Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ARE YOU GUILTY OF PUTTING THINGS OFF? OR THE RAMBLINGS OF A PROCRASTINATOR

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Procrastination, I don't mean the important things like making repairs that you are aware of but minor things like putting off going over the car or truck when you know you will be taking a trip withing the next month.

I have known we will be going to the Nats South next week but I finally got around to going over my check list today, most things checked out OK and i'm ready to go, I will admit for the last couple of weeks I have turned my attention to installing the short shift kit and then reworked the cable clutch with a new cable,quadrant & adjuster.

I guess sometimes we work better under pressure. HRP

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

In a word "yup"

Pat

3. "There is nothing more permanent than a temporary solution that works"

Boryca, unfinished, twenty8 and 8 others like this.
  4. That’s a big 10-4

3W JOHN, AVater and HOTRODPRIMER like this.

5. I used to have a trophy on my mantle as the world's worst procrastinator. But when I moved my new house didn't have a mantle so I have been putting off where to place it.

LAROKE, loudbang, williebill and 4 others like this.
  6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I`ll post later.

7. wicarnut

wicarnut

Yes ! Nothing happens fast anymore

8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Not me, not ever. BTW: I have a post I've been meaning to put up for a few days......:rolleyes:

williebill, 3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

I'm president of the local chapter.

Ned Ludd, loudbang, 3W JOHN and 4 others like this.
  10. I planned to attend Procrastinator Anonymous , but could never find the time

tiredford, Ned Ludd, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  11. RT468

RT468

I've been guilty of procrastinating more than once in my life. So far it's served me better than being impulsive. From buying over priced cool junk to getting married I've learned not to be fooled by perkiness or patina and take some time to put some level headed thought in to things. If I miss out it wasn't meant to be,if I have to have it and it's still there when I decide I "need" it than that's fine too.

12. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

No. Dad did that always. I don't ever.

3W JOHN and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  13. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

Danny can I get back to you on that?

Sent from my iPhone
    www.speedoservice.com
    Should I rush your rush job or the rush job I was rushing when you rushed in?

Elwood: There's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Joliet Jake: Hit it!

rustynutz, tiredford, LAROKE and 4 others like this.
  14. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Procrastination, sounds like something you pay for. Is it only legal in Nevada?

Chief 64, rbrewer, 3W JOHN and 3 others like this.
  15. Are you guilty of putting things off? That is the question. I’ll get back to you.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

16. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been 2 winters now and I still haven't replaced the driver's window in my '39 p/u. I've got the new glass but just haven't gotten around to it.

17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

Procrastination, I can put things off for a long time, but once I get started I run out of materials, money and motivation. Thankfully I have a vivid imagination and can picture everything done, I live in my own reality. Bob

rbrewer, HOTRODPRIMER, redo32 and 4 others like this.
  19. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I saw this thread just after it was posted and I wanted to comment but I think I'll do that tomorrow!

20. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?

I joined a procrastinator’s therapy group once, but no one came to the meeting but me.

21. 3W JOHN

3W JOHN

Preaching to the choir brother! ;)

HOTRODPRIMER and hotrodjack33 like this.
  22. If it's REALLY an issue, I don't procrastinate, I cogitate on it for a while to determine the best method/approach/timing to address it. You can't rush the intellectual aspect of projects...it takes time to germinate the seeds of the path forward.

ebs121781, X-cpe, Happydaze and 6 others like this.
  23. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

24. williebill

williebill

By the time I got around to reading this thread, all the cool, funny, witty answers had already been used. I'll try to think of another good one, but I wouldn't expect it by tomorrow. Tuesday doesn't look likely, either. I promise that I really give it some thought, maybe.

Oh, and to all of you who posted before me, who are you trying to fool? Getting in a hurry, huh.
    Suuure.
    Fakers.
    Bet y'all did other shit today, too.
    I hate productive people. They make me sick.

25. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Damn Internet keeps getting in the way.

26. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought doing small things that should have been done two weeks before on the night before heading out to a rod run several hundred miles away was traditional .
    When I lived in Texas in the 70's guys would show up at WH Thomas's shop on Wedneday or Thursday evening when I was usually laying a quick fresh coat of primer on the 48 to have it fresh for the weekend to see where I was headed to a rod run at., I've been known to spray a coat of purple primer on my 48 in my Buddy's driveway on Thursday Morning at the start of Vintiques NW Nats to show up that afternoon looking fresh.
    I left for Texas from Washington one year with 38 miles on the truck when I rolled out of my Grandfather's driveway where I live now with fresh rings and bearings in the 350 it had then. I'd worked on it until about three in the morning the night before.

HOTRODPRIMER and 3W JOHN like this.
  27. trollst

trollst

Procrastination saved my life. True story, I was supposed to head out into the deep dark woods one sunday morning to cut firewood, but I laid around listening to the voice in my head, went into the yard with my dog, and had a heart attack, if I'd gone to the bush, I wouldn't have come home. Yup, it's true.

28. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

I've got a new 4600 stall converter for the stude. Bought it in December of 2019. Still haven't installed it. Does that count?

29. twenty8

twenty8

You should sell it, so someone else can enjoy having a go at not installing it..............:rolleyes:

30. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I would have given you a run for that, but never got around to joining!