Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do I send a PM?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by BBYBMR, May 17, 2011.

1. James Lud

James Lud

Sorry. I didn’t think my post were even coming through. I only want to ask a member a question and didn’t know how to get through. I didn’t see help field or I would have used it. I googled it and this is what it said to do. I didn’t mean to cause trouble. Again I didn’t know anything was coming through. Thank you for letting me know.

2. James Lud

James Lud

Hello Ryan. I am new here and might have caused trouble already. I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t sure how to have a conversation with someone. I googled it and it said to post 10 times. I couldn’t reply to the forum where I had the question. I did see a place to reply here but didn’t think it was working. Some of the members have let me know their feelings already and seem I upset them. Not my intent. Just liked the site and looking for assistance with my build. Didn’t mean to cause trouble. Really sorry.

3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why do people do this bullshit on this forum? If you think you're being cute, you're not. Why don't you get your asses out on the forums, do some reading, find some posts that are interesting to you, and then post some comments that add to the conversation? Maybe you could offer someone some encouragement on their build-thread. Maybe, if you actually have something to contribute, you could post your own thread(s) or offer some technical help to someone that is trying to figure something out. The possibilities are almost endless!

Instead, we get all these wise-asses posting their thread countdowns here so that they can get on the free classifieds forum that Ryan doesn't have to provide, but he does so as a favor to this community. I could go on, and even though I'm being subtle, I am hopeful some of these nitwits will be able to pick up on the nuanced point I'm trying to make.

This website and the community here are a gift and I am grateful for it. I just wish everyone was...

Man, I gotta' go get a pill...:mad::confused::eek:o_O

Peter Nowak, bowie, grumpy65 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The 10 post thing sucks. Not only because it’s a pain, but because it leads to stuff like this.

Thor1, wraymen, bowie and 1 other person like this.
  5. Maybe when people register to be a member there should be some really big and obvious short message about the site that they have to read and acknowledge that they've read and understood before their registration is processed?

This brief message would include the fact that they can't post ads, contact advertisers directly, 'conversation' anyone or carry out trading before they have accumulated a minimum 10 main board posts (and 'post 1,' 'post 2,' etc. doesn't count.)

Because as it stands, none of them seem wise to that.

Thor1, wraymen and bowie like this.
  6. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I apologize boss.

I let my frustration get the better of me last night. That is not an excuse, just an acknowledgement that I can be a total piece of crap at times, no better than anyone else. I need to trust that you and the moderators have got this and that if the problem(s) get big enough you guys are more than capable of taking care of bidness.

Thanks for all you do.

7. Well, it appears that you can read and write. We know you can count. You need to work on Comprehension and Patience.
    Edit: I forgot social skills and what ever else might be needed to break out of adolescence.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Thor1, X38 and 210superair like this.
  8. silent rick

silent rick

if i receive a message from a member and i see that all he did to be able to message me was post some menial shit, i'm not going to respond to them. i don't care if he offers me double what i'm asking for a part.

flatheadpete, Thor1, X38 and 3 others like this.
  9. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

People like this should be auto-banned....

Peter Nowak, Thor1, X38 and 2 others like this.
  10. silent rick

silent rick

i just sold an intake to a hamber with 11 posts. i checked them out and they were 11 actually posts asking questions or commenting on threads and he seemed genuinely interested in becoming a participating member of the forum.

Thor1 and Lloyd's paint & glass like this.
  11. Read the tutorials and your confusion will disappear like magic

Peter Nowak and Thor1 like this.