Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 3 window coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 33 coupe, Feb 1, 2021.

1. I wouldn't worry about tire sizes until you get the fenders installed, only then will you be able to determine what will and won't fit.

:eek::p;):cool:

2. oldbuzzard1

oldbuzzard1
    from Nevada

My .02 - every car has a “theme” or “personality “. Yours is minimal, light weight, no frills. A great looking street rod. The white walls don’t really fit the personality. Like wearing a white shirt and tie with a black leather jacket.
    Go black walls.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Rocky that is one sharp hot rod, as far as tires, I hate white walls, needs taller tires in the back and it don't need no stinking fenders :D it looks good without. My 3 cents for whatever it's worth.

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

YOU have one fine sedan ! Even though I am a dyed-in-the-wool Deuce roadster freak, I've always thought Ford's Model 40 was the most pristine design Edsel ever produced. If this pandemic ever clears up, I hope to see you and your car at the Lonestar Roundup.

da34guy likes this.
  5. poco

poco
    from oklahoma

Great looking car, dont change anything. Don not paint wheels black

6. If this crap goes away I'll be there Gary

7. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

I really like this tire and rim combo. But, I like the black walls the best in your case. Or, as stated above try the black rims with the white wall. Fenders or no fenders, white walls or black, that's a nice looking car either way.

8. Hood and hood sides, blackwalls- firestone gum dipped look, maybe a little taller and wider out back if you are spending the money anyway. No matter what you would get a second look from me anyway.

9. 34 5W Paul

34 5W Paul
    from Fresno CA

Doesn't matter what you do, you have a '33 coupe.
    She's a beauty no matter how you dress her.
    Although the red wheels/whitewalls vs blackwalls and black steelies might be a good one two punch.

Red 34 3W Chop.jpg

10. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

I understand the feeling of going stagnant with a car, but I think the as-is look is a home run hit. If you change it, keep your current combo to swap back on after the change wears off.

11. I LIKE THE BLACK WALLS....

12. TERPU

TERPU

White Walls are for Customs, Hot Rods wear Black walls...........

Dirt Tracker Rears and Grooved fronts. on 15" Wheels. Just follow Jake, you'll be good.

- Tim

scrubby2009, micksmith and AHotRod like this.
  13. AHotRod

AHotRod

14. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Ewing’s car is iconic , but not for me . The Kid or Jakes is me .

15. earlyv8ford

earlyv8ford

A stock height 33 3 window.... My favorite with whichever tires you run!

16. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Two sets of tires and wheels, that way if you get tired of the way it looks you can change them and refresh the look anytime you want. Oh, and my vote is also for FENDERS. With only a few exceptions model 40's don't look quite as good without them. A '33 owner here myself.

olscrounger likes this.
  17. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Love it both ways !!!! Here's some with black walls ,cream one with the Excelsior tires I believe . image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  18. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Black walls. I have Excelsior/Stahls on my 34. 750x16 on the rear, which fills up the wheelwell just right and 550x16 on the front. Like the one poster said maybe photoshop the wheel color to black to see what it would look like with black walls. I had whitewalls on mine for awhile but it just wasn't working.

19. Alphy

Alphy

Beautiful car!!! Black walls will look great

20. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If he ever came by you at a Buck -ten.It would be you .Trust me.He had Moon Discs on it then, though..

21. McTavish77

McTavish77

I think all black is the way to go too. I live white walls, don’t get me wrong but they appeal to me when surrounded by a fender. Open wheel don’t look right to me for some reason; not sure why. But, that’s a beautiful coupe any way you do it!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app