Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Aussie cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coupeman, Apr 18, 2021.

1. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

Hey guys here's a couple of pics of my Aussie holdens. Im into late 50s plymouths as well but thought you guys might get a kick out of some Aussie metal. Cheers

Attached Files:

2. coupeman

coupeman
    from Australia

First cars a 1960 fb holden and the pinkish car is an ej holden about 1963

3. Nice, First thing i noticed on the wagon was the Nasco accessory door handle scuff plates.

4. Budget36

Budget36

I like it. Were there two door models available as well? They kinda have a tri5 Chevy look.

MO54Frank and bchctybob like this.

5. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

Yeah what he asked and said. My thoughts as well. Tri-5 Chevy but with a 55 Ford taillight added in. Did they have the small block available, or only 6-bangers? I certainly wouldn't complain if someone gave me one, cuz that's the only way I could afford one considering shipping $$$ to the US.

Tell/show us more please...

Budget36 likes this.
  6. bchctybob

bchctybob

Oh yeah, who doesn’t love a cool wagon? It’s hard to tell from the pictures, are they the same overall size as a 55-57 Chevy or are they smaller?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Budget36 likes this.
  7. Shipping to US is in the $4-6K range, depending on how you do it. So while not insignificant, it is also not a terrible huge amount. I know as last year I just imported my 52 Chevy Ute. It was non-running which adds a bit more cost. I went with open deck car transport. Meaning not in a container. Container is more because you are buying that whole space, whether your car takes it all or not. Then factor in exchange rate, and various port fees and customs. Not a real bad process, mostly the administrative and bureaucracy to deal with. But it does take money, funny how that seems to solve many difficulties. The shippers at both ends are familiar with the process.

Shipping is just part of the total cost of the build, but it is one that you are not able to avoid if you want an AU produced vehicle in US. Works the same for the AU guys, they have to pay the shipping to get US vehicles over there for their projects. I am just glad we can even do the international shipping and swapping vehicles.

Budget36 likes this.
  8. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

They are about a 7/8's scale tri-5 Chev. You can get a V8 into one, but only with a shoehorn :p.
    EK ute.JPG EK wagon.JPG FB sedan.JPG Need a bigger driveway.JPG

Cheers,
    Harv

34 GAZ and Texas Webb like this.
  9. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

We have a couple
    Ute 1.jpg New ute.jpg

34 GAZ and Texas Webb like this.
  10. You could only get one engine size, 138 C.I. 6 banger, and 3speed manual , or a 3 speed hydramatic in the later model (EK). They were known as the "baby '57 Chevy", but had little in common.
    This is my daily driver, a "Special", which had a few more shiny bits than the "Standard Sedan".
    148431440_2018383014971274_8354329859706793619_n.jpg

Attached Files:

34 GAZ likes this.
  11. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

I fell in love with Holdens after my wife and I watched reruns of McLeod’s Daughters. Jodi had a cute yellow and white 4-door FB or EK until she wrecked it in a head on collision. ☹️

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  12. Harv

Harv
    from Sydney

FB sedan :)

FB sedan.JPG

MO54Frank and 34 GAZ like this.