Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. atomickustom

atomickustom

Considering a '58 Ford for sale, but I don't like the front end. Please feel free to change anything besides the hood and headlights, which I like. And this is just a photo I grabbed off the 'net so feel free to use any '58 Ford Fairlane photo.
    My taste runs to earlier in the 1950s, so integrating earlier bumper & grille is a possibility. At this point I just want to see what can be done to "un-1958 Ford" it. a203d284b9a32fe077ad4fe9024b6256.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G981V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 7berkmerc

7berkmerc

Imp100.jpg Imp100.1.jpg

OahuEli, Unclebrad and UNSHINED 2 like this.
  3. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

@madfish and @7berkmerc thanks so much for the renderings.

Yeah, I expect a lot of work and rework. Sectioning and chopping. Getting the wheelbase right. Grille and headlight challenge.

By the looks of it, the cab is gonna have to be sectioned.....ALOT! Looks like the front of the roof may have to be tilted down a bit, too. May have to try out some different windshield posts. I dont think the Impala windshield will look quite right. The F100 windshield might be better.

It will look a bit different with the 60 Olds trunk and body line running down the side.

Thanks again guys!

4. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

I left the headlights and hood alone, as requested, but I would rework those if it were mine. Simple shave and remove the grille center bars. Best feature for me is the distinctive honeycomb grille like the Squarebird. I like bullet grilles, so that's what I used.
    1958 Fairlane Final 2.jpg

atomickustom, madfish and themoose like this.
  5. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  6. madfish

madfish

another suggestion. 1957 Desoto front grille

George-garcia-1958-ford-profile.jpg

bob-o, atomickustom, themoose and 3 others like this.
  7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

1958 Fairlane Imp Final.jpg My favorite: the 1959 Imperial grille.
    I wanted one of these for my '58 Belair. I searched for 4 years (pre-Internet days) without success. Two weeks after selling the car, I spotted an abandoned '59 Imperial with a perfect grille. Arrrrggg! :rolleyes:

8. Squablow

Squablow

I like the tube grille and '57 front bumper that theMoose suggests, but the '57 DeSoto bumper is really the answer here if you can find one. Problem is, they're incredibly hard to come by.

I am bad at importing parts from other cars into a photoshop, so you'll have to excuse the crudity of my work here. I tried a '57 Chevy bumper and it was way wrong, but I tried a '58 bumper and grille and it's surprisingly good looking, I think.

ford-fairlane-convertible-front-ronneby-nostalgia-festival-2017-2-405533.jpg

9. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

10. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

11. madfish

madfish

12. atomickustom

atomickustom

I like ALL of those better than stock! I never realized it's mainly the two big grille bars that bother me most.
    Ok, fellas, now that that is settled, go nuts! Change whatever you wanna change, I would love to see what you come up with.
    (And a big THANK YOU for all you've done so far)

Sent from my SM-G981V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stan Back and loudbang like this.
  13. Squablow

Squablow

I LOVE this one! Is that a '56 Chevy grille in there? This looks amazing to me. Also looks like the bumper opening was widened a bit to line up better with the original parking lights. That's a subtle touch but it really looks terrific that way.

Peanut 1959, Stan Back and loudbang like this.
  14. bob-o

bob-o

I was geeking out on Pontiac's short-lived halfa-389 Slant 4 not too long ago and I remembered that from'61-'63, the Tempest/LeMans also came with transaxles. So naturally I started daydreaming about a baby Sports Custom Poncho powered by a nasty 4, topped with a Turbo robbed from a same-year Cutlass, backed by a 4-speed transaxle and this is what I came up with. I call it the Tempest Typhoon. Top is chopped and hardtopped, handles/trim and front plate shaved, an extra "spear" added behind the front wheel, front grills cleaned up and tunneled a bit. Wheels were 8-lugs that I reimagined as knock-offs with Rudge spinners. 1963 Tempest Typhoon Rev D.png

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    Peanut 1959, James D, N.Ozols and 6 others like this.
  15. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

58 ford.jpg
    This may be the best of the bunch – now just get rid of the bandage on the nose . . .

Tony Martino, charleyw and j hansen like this.
  16. little red 50

little red 50

Vintage guitars are completely acceptable when they are on the sub forum The Antiquated. Which is where this thread is. I do get your point a lot of the stuff posted on the main forum is off topic (not hot rods).

loudbang and themoose like this.
  17. So if that's the case maybe the Photoshop thread should be moved to a "Sub Forum" status.

little red 50 likes this.
  18. little red 50

little red 50

Maybe so? If that would help. I love all the work you guys do.

19. madfish

madfish

So, if we photoshopped guitars on this forum it would be "off topic " in The Antiquated, yet, if we photoshopped the same guitar in a sub forum it would be considered on topic.

If The Antiquated is considered American Cars with a cut off date of 1964. You're proposing the removed photoshopped 1947 American Made Willys Jeep was considered off topic in the Antiquated but would be acceptable in a sub forum. My question still is this; The jeep removed met the definition of "The Antiquated", so why the removal?

Also, this is a photoshop thread where things are digitally altered and not a reality based situation and we do adhere to the terms and definitions...but, I guess not.

themoose likes this.
  20. little red 50

little red 50

The Antiquated sub forum was added by Ryan when him and his son were rebuilding his vintage camper. He added it so everyone had a place to post their other vintage interests. I don't make the rules. You might talk to whoever removed the picture of the American made 1947 Jeep Willys "hotrod".

21. madfish

madfish

I hear you and appreciate your perspective. Always good to get another viewpoint.
    Personally, I don't care about the removal, what I care about are the rules. They seem arbitrary and if so the admin should help by explaining the correct definition and terms of the forum.

Dick Stevens and little red 50 like this.
  22. madfish

madfish

chinatown.jpg

jimmy six and James D like this.
  23. madfish

madfish

24. Boden

Boden

Can you please photoshop white walls and red rims on my uncles 29 roadster? And then one with just white walls?Would be much appreciated. Definitely help wrap up this project!

63796230297__404D6E57-9FEF-4E4E-90E7-129EB43D1DAD.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

jakesbackyard likes this.

25. 1.jpg 2.jpg

26. madfish

madfish

@Boden

A different approach..

29.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  27. Boden

Boden

loudbang likes this.
  28. Boden

Boden

29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Somebody’s pretty darn talented!!!!!!! Great Job!!!!!

loudbang likes this.