Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods life can be funny

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pats55, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I've lived in the same town for 35 years. There were two ways to get to Mom's house. The back way was all S turns AND a pain in the ass if you got behind some old lady doing 35 miles an hour. I would always pass this garage that was all by itself in a wooded area and never anyone around it. I would love to have that garage so I can ruin a lot of stuff. I left and Always wondered what the hell was that garage doing there. I get a call from a realtor who says I have the perfect house for you. it has room for the business , it has five acres and garages for your old cars. I said okay let's take a look. I go look at the house, it's a big house and it belonged to an estate I go over and it's got a trout stream behind it and about a hundred and fifty feet away was that garage! I got the house for a really good price and now I have the big garage where are usually do more damage than I do good . life sure can be funny.

swade41, loudbang, ffr1222k and 46 others like this.
  2. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

shood have wished for a billion dollars!

3. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I should mention that that garage was filled Railroad magazines and model trains . there was also five remote-controlled model airplanes with all the controls. The entire house was completely furnished with high quality furniture. I often wonder why I'm so lucky.

swade41, loudbang, egads and 9 others like this.

4. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Greetings from hopewell township, Cumberland county Pat!!.... congrats on your purchase!!... if you have a trout stream you must be pretty far north aren't you??

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

right place at the right time with the right $$ - better watch out picking on slow driving old ladies, especially when you are old too

6. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Awesome! Congratulations brother.
    Oh and pics or it didn't happen.

7. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Can I come and follow you around for a week or so? Never know, it might rub off.

loudbang, hotrodjack33 and Budget36 like this.
  8. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

[​IMG]
    A picture after I cleaned it up. Stuccoed it, new roof, insulation, sheetrock , painted the floors it's colder than a witches tit in the winter so I put a Modine heater in. it also came with 6500 lb red oxide concrete dye , if anybody needs any stop by help yourself . they are in 110 lb containers.

9. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Hell yeah stop by I'll even buy you lunch. I really do suck at posting pictures and things.

10. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

11. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Old ladies on country roads are a menace to society. In the last 5 years I've racked up eight points on my license because of them.

12. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

Congratulations, it's always nice to have the neighbors make an effort to come and see you.

loudbang likes this.
  13. No 32 five window in the garage? Glad you are happy!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

14. Congrats! You had me at “trout stream” on 5 acres.

15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I recall an old 'bible study' story about a man who wanted heaven...He died, and had a place like @Pats55.
    Hot & cold running women, party every night...
    He eventually got bored, and called his 'valet', saying: "Chaz, this 'heaven' has me bored to death. How 'bout a little taste of hell?"
    Chaz replied, "But Master...This IS hell."

Yeah, the trout got me, too. But... H-O railroads? Trains? R/C planes?
    I'd be 'entertained' for days... Yeah, I have A.D.D.

loudbang, drdave, Blues4U and 4 others like this.
  16. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Hey King Ford I'm right up near the New York state border. I'm 5 miles south of Greenwood Lake. Great fishing on the lake , I have not seen one trout in this stream since I moved in. Come on up and go fishing and take a couple barrels with red dye home with you you can dye your mulch red.

17. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

There is many wild parties and loose women running around here as there trout in the Stream lol besides I'm old Id probably hurt myself. At 74 surviving the sinking of the Andrea Doria , a year in Vietnam with 101st airborne and just about everything still works arms legs feet etc I am one lucky man and yet I'm so evil cant understand it.

swade41, tiredford, Budget36 and 10 others like this.
  18. oldolds

oldolds

Red oxide?! Powder? Mix it with linseed oil. Best darn barn paint ever. Mildew will not grow on it. Lasts forever. That is the original barn red. If you find an old painter he will pay well for it. Sounds like a great place.

loudbang, Hnstray and alanp561 like this.
  19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nice!

loudbang likes this.
  20. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Thank you for that information Would it work on Wolmanized lumber ? I have to paint this damn deck every year ,

loudbang, catdad49 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  21. That is the plot from a Twilight Zone episode with Sebastian Cabot. One of my favorites along with the “To Serve Man” episode.

swade41, loudbang and williebill like this.
  22. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Pats55, :cool::cool::)

loudbang likes this.
  23. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's nice to hear an upbeat story!! I got lucky 11 years ago, got a good wife (after two not so good) and we bought a house with a 40x50 two story building in the back, living the dream in retirement:)

loudbang and Hnstray like this.
  24. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Old fashioned oil paint is basically linseed oil and pigment thinned with turpentine. Sometimes other things are added, like beeswax to make it flow better. Takes 3 or 4 days to dry but will last for 50 years if done right. You can add Japan dryer to make it dry faster but it's not necessary.
    A quick web search turned up a lot of articles and videos on making oil paint.

loudbang, Hnstray, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  25. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

And it's good to hear Rusty talking about an old school way to do it too. Lippy

loudbang likes this.
  26. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

Thanks Rusty I did a little internet research and found some interesting topics on boiled linseed oil and red oxide powder. Some things in life were so simple. I got to play with this stuff. If anyone would like some to paint their barn let me know I have a lot of it and it's taking up a lot of garage space.

loudbang, alanp561 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  27. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I looked up the price of iron oxide concrete dye online and it looks to be worth $15 - $20 a pound. At that rate you have $97,500 to $130,000 worth. I think I would be trying to sell it. Even if you let it go for half price it would be a nice hunk of change.

loudbang, kidcampbell71 and Pats55 like this.
  28. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

I was going to post the same thing, you beat me to it!

loudbang and wraymen like this.
  29. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Linseed oil & turpentine mixed in 50/50 ratio is my formula for the preservative I apply to a hand made wooden gate I had built for the side yard a few years ago. I apply it once a year. Getting hard to find turpentine around here.

loudbang likes this.