Register now to get rid of these ads!

History What are 'safety tubes'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave Downs, Nov 22, 2020.

1. 4ty

4ty

Back in the 60's GoodYear made a tire called the Double Eagle. It came with an inner liner that if you got a flat you could continue driving. I had big and littles on my 32 Coupe but without the liners.
    Paul in CT

2. mickeyc

mickeyc

I liked the one version of the song that states, "its got twin pots and a Columbia butt, for you folks that dont dig the jive thats two carburetors and an overdrive" Very hip man very hip!

3. “We made three spots out of many good towns and left the cop’s heads spinning round and round.....”

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  4. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

Back about 69-70 the dad of a friend of mine bought a 66 T-bird Landau. Big beautiful car with lots of style and power. He bought a set of those tire within a tire. I don’t remember the make or brand. If I remember correctly, the inner tire connected to the valve stem and the outer tire had a rubber port to inflate it like a football has.