Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 4/16/21 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Apr 15, 2021.

1. FoMoCo art! I just took the pictures. ;)

20200515_180239 (2).jpg 20200522_190437 (2).jpg 20200525_080837 (2).jpg

2. Superdangerdave

Superdangerdave

New guy around here. This is an airbrushed canvas that I just finished, just needs cleared and signed. new9.jpg

Stogy, b-bop, High test 63 and 43 others like this.
  3. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, art is art !. P.S. YOUR ART ROCKS ! Ed.

Stogy, themoose, catdad49 and 3 others like this.
  4. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Stogy, DuaneBallard, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  5. catdad49

catdad49

Calling Dr. Tim, we have patients waiting! Dr. Tims.jpg

Stogy, themoose, Jigger and 10 others like this.

6. I may be bias, as we are friends, but, heck yes... Engine Art. Seems to be working for that speed boat with the HEMI.

Stogy, catdad49, 41 GMC K-18 and 2 others like this.
  7. sololobo

sololobo

Stogy and Jigger like this.
  8. Stogy, rbrewer, mctim64 and 1 other person like this.
  9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the offer Carp, but I don't really want any more magazines. Last summer I was fortunate to find a guy who was interested in taking my entire magazine collection. He was a high school VoTech teacher and was giving them to his students. He was excited to tell his students that the mag. collection was actually donated to the school by one of the contributing artists from the magazine.:cool:
    100_3585.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Stogy, b-bop, Okie Pete and 11 others like this.
  10. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

11. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I took all of my magazine collection from 40 plus years of collecting over to the local Vocational School auto body shop. The teacher was a life long friend. He took one look in the back of my long bed Chevy truck & said his kids were going to be in heaven. The students even unloaded the boxes for me. I've never seen so many smiling faces on kids.

Stogy, Jigger, R A Wrench and 6 others like this.
  12. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

13. Superdangerdave

Superdangerdave

Thanks, its part of a series of black and white canvasses on vintage cars that I am doing. I came here about six months ago doing research and got sucked in.

Stogy, Jigger, catdad49 and 6 others like this.
  14. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I'm happy to do it, Jack. Besides, I dig it. At times in my life I threw and gave away
    photos and slides during fits of anger and disappointment. I didn't have a computer
    back then to make the edits and adjustments I can do now. A while back someone
    did me a solid by scanning many of my old slides, giving me the opportunity to fine
    tune many images. To play with your art and some of the photos that are posted is
    like an enjoyable hobby. Thanks for the kind words.

Stogy, Okie Pete, Spoggie and 6 others like this.
  15. ...some more scratch...
    fas 106.jpg fas 115.jpg fas 284.jpg fas 304.jpg fas 307.jpg

Stogy, catdad49, b-bop and 28 others like this.
  16. sololobo

sololobo

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  17. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mark. I think we have a "mutual admiration society" thing going on here...I absolutely love your work:D.
    Congrats on the Hawaii trip:cool:. Hope you see some of these over there...although you'll probably get a swat to the head if you look:p.

Stogy, Jigger, Animal and 2 others like this.
  18. catdad49

catdad49

Thanks for the idea about the magazines!

Stogy and hotrodjack33 like this.
  19. Lil32

Lil32

Jigger
    have been there any times
    r001-016.jpg

20. These are amazing, I love the whole lot! Great work @safariknut

21. 0B322EE8-F635-43AF-9BF2-25FC6078D94D.jpeg In the eye of the beholder

Stogy, b-bop, Okie Pete and 13 others like this.
  22. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

New guy around here. This is an airbrushed canvas that I just finished, just needs cleared and signed.

Pretty darn nice airbrush work there Dave!!!!!

Stogy, Jigger, chryslerfan55 and 3 others like this.
  23. robber

robber

Spoggie... Skitter!!! :D I can hear and feel this mate! The sights, the sound, the smell, the speed! The raw energy spent... the appearance of water as it is transformed and churned from smooth to turbulent! You are really exceptional at what you do... to say the least :).
    Back in the day... I used to make a yearly pilgrimage to St. Louis, to see "bold ones" run their drag boats down the "liquid quarter". One of my favorites was "Aussie Express"... when it was an old school, flat bottom/alcohol... gnarly! That was way before safety capsules with on board oxygen. Blokes would sit butt naked (not literally) in the seat, with no belts, in case they might be thrown free and clear in a wreck... :eek:. The drivers wore parachutes on their back, with a rip cord attached to the boat. The hope was that if you we're thrown out, you might be slowed down... say to maybe 140 mph, before hitting the water!
    Vintage powerboats take the same kind of mind set and skill! You know personally, that I like excessive power, and controlled speed, a lot... on land ;). Personally, I feel that it is a lot harder, expensive and dangerous to pursue speed on water. Not for me, thank you.
    I really dig the way you captured all of that excitement, Steve... Stunningly COOL!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    chryslerfan55 and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  24. robber

robber

Hey Jigger! Hope you have the greatest of times on your much over due vacation! May you and yours, find peace and pleasure in paradise; and may your experiences far exceed your expectations! Now go and create some new, fond memories... we'll keep the light on for ya :). Peace and Blessings!
    I see a slightly different style in your 1st offering... reminds me of just a calm, warm evening in the country, way back in the day. It's nice... it's quiet... it draws me in... I feel like I've been there at some time, as a child perhaps... I like it :). I always dig checking out all of your characters, cruising in cool rides, and you know that I love Corvette's:rolleyes:. Everyone dig's checking out your cool, or should I say, your hot little ladies:D! But... the offering of yours that I am enjoying the most this week, believe it or not, is the seafoam green more door (57 Custom 300?). I am a sucker for seafoam green, and 50's cars were built for 2 tone paint schemes. This car is a beautiful example of "2 tone", and the stance is perfect for this car! You nailed it mate! In your scene of the dude surfin', you get to sea... I mean you get to see that beautiful seafoam green at work again :D. Thanks for all Mark, and... "Aloha!" :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  25. robber

robber

... "outside pride"... :)
    cp 1051.JPG
    ... pits, chips, and all, y'all... :)

26. Wow, thank you Rob. (Sorry for my relay on responding to the DM you sent. It's coming. :) )
    I truly appreciate your kind comment and well wishes regarding the trip. My wife was sick on our honeymoon trip to Tucson and Rocky Point, MX back in '86 so this trip will serve as a second one of those, with hopes for great health and safe travels...
    With reference to the art pieces you'd mentioned. The firt piece is a quick sketch I did on cardboard for the Mrs. She's the lunch lady at the school and a farm girl. The Model T is for the HAMB, an RPU in it's natural setting... Sun setting... The '57 Ford is kinda hard for me to look at because I see all the 'flaws' with the proportions but it is an important piece for me personally. Few may recall that it was one of my first serious car related commissions. It was for a HAMB member, and my first truly serious digital illustration. The final had the fella's wife and little girl in it. It was printed on a professional grade Epson laser (photo) printer... Yikes. Well, he was happy with it.
    That color you mention is as soothing to work with as it is to bask in visually.
    Thanks again brother, all blessings set by you be magnified back to you my friend!

Aloha.jpg

27. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Lil32 likes this.