Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A Tribute to Tweedy Pie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Mar 26, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Tribute to Tweedy Pie

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Just saw Tweety Pie at the Corvette Museum in the Ed Roth Display last Wednesday
    I never knew it was on a 32 Frame until then.

Attached Files:

3. rudestude

rudestude

Well a very modified 32 frame.
    Not sure how much different this one maybe from the original.
    Besides being made of plastic. 20210326_080337~2.jpeg 20210326_080740~2.jpeg 20210326_080216(0)~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T307U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. We all need to support this as much as we can. Tell everyone you know so Mad Fab can continue. The amount of viewership is huge in pushing this correct content out. Not the typical car TV show BS.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love the Mad Fab vids. Thanks!
    Enjoyed watching an learning from those. Awesome info n fun. Upped my respect for Tweedy Pie.
    My own perspective, like some others my age is not the very same as those 10 ,an 20+ years younger.
    Tweedy Pie at the time it showed up in mag.s ,in Florida that I saw, was not much more then just another T-bucket to me,there were a few bucket type rods, zipping around Miami by then.
    As a Teen in mid 1950s,my parts hunt for building my own hot rod was in full swing. By 1959 my hotrod 28A bobtailed roadster was a running rod. I kept n still drive it !
    Roth's "Out Law" an Norm's ,"Cookie Car" are much bigger stars in my "like a lot list".
    So now knowing more history on Tweedy,is some extra fun.! Thanks for that!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  6. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

Showed my tee back to back with Roth and Tweety Pie at an ISCA in Anaheim many years ago.Couldn’t believe how nice a guy Ed was and how short his Tee was.

Evel, Stogy and dana barlow like this.
  7. So why isn't Piero posting this here on the board?

Stogy likes this.
  8. Grease348

Grease348

Just got to watch part one and two yesterday. I’m onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Evel, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it...Hotrod Gold...I always find it interesting that many Hotrodders like Pint sized Creations...I guess it was a way of getting more Go Fast by lightening up all around the Horsepower...truly built by a genius of the movement indeed...Thanks for sharing @J.Ukrop...;)

Evel, J.Ukrop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. goldmountain

goldmountain

I have always been intrigued by Tweedy Pie's single gas tank strap so that the "Tweedy Pie" lettering isn't compromised. How is that tank secured on that side?

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps a bracket welded to the bottom of the tank bolted to the frame...there seems to be a Saddle...Hotrod Magic I say...

I haven't watched the videos and it may shed some light on this lack of balance...

chryslerfan55 and Evel like this.
  12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I’ve been away from the HAMB for a while and stopped in. Read the Tweedy Pie post and fired up my YouTube TV. Spent the last few hours on MFS TV. Love it. Can’t wait for the next installment. Easy to have on while I work on upgrading my 54 Suburban gauges!

13. Trent - Piero (@Evel) no longer frequents the H.A.M.B. :( ... his last post was over two years ago ... and coincidentally was about him building a clone of Bob Johnston's 2nd Version of Tweedy Pie:

14. And you made my point.

15. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I am on the HAMB once and a while.. I didn’t post much here cause I spend a bunch of time to post on my different social media outlet.. I have posted before and had some issues with members and that’s all I’m going to say about it.. I do love me some Ryan though..

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

16. Seriously? You used this board to build your brand and then turn your back on it? Lame as fuck Mr fairweather

17. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks J.Ukrop for the cool post and everyone’s great comments! I’ve been pretty busy over the past few years so I haven’t posted much one here.. between filming / building Lucky’s race car, filming ‘ building Tpie, filming for business and building the YouTube channel..I’ve been limited to my posting on my social media.. that being said I have been documenting this build for over 2 years and I’m still building so I’m going to be releasing these every few weeks.. like Ron mentioned it helps if you guys like, comment and subscribe to my channel so I can keep production going.. www.YouTube.com/madfabricatorstv
    Might have a new MFS episode with Mr. Bob Bleed coming in VERY soon...

Here’s episode 3 of Car That Ate My Brian 2

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Tman.. if you think I joined the HAMB to build my “brand” you are waaaaay wrong.. I dedicated many years to the HAMB and over 9000 posts.. in the past i’d come on here to post content that’s very HAMb related and I get people responding that I’m on here to spam my content when all I was sharing cool shit for the HAMB... Then after a shit storm escalates my post gets deleted.. happened several times.. have not turned my back on the hamb and I owe a lot to the hamb but when it becomes not fun anymore... you know.. I mean look how you jumped on me and that’s a prime example.

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

There’s a little clamp on the back of the tank that holds it down..

IMG_0921.JPG

Outback, Stogy, Shutter Speed and 4 others like this.
  20. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So yeah the weird one strap haha.. it’s not so much cause of the letters but where the filler is.. also there’s a little clamp on the back driver side holding..
    IMG_0921.JPG

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks bud!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

23. fegsta

fegsta

I've enjoyed the three episodes. I like it that the language is not has harsh as when you started mad fabricators. I watch them before I show my grandkids. I have all your first dvd's so I suppose when there old enough they will get them. Keep up the good work, cheers Tim.

Sent from my KOB-L09 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  24. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  25. By only coming back now AFTER you were called out says a lot.

For what it's worth, I really dig the series you did on Lucky going racing. I pushed it here even.

I am just tired of seeing folks, even some I call friends shit on the HAMB after they have added and taken so much from it over the years. If there is anything wrong with this board it is the lack of folks from the early years posting cool content, tech and car projects. I would have loved to see this Tweedy Pie Project from start to finish here with some in depth background. I guess throwing out a few @'s and #'s with a one sentence blurb on IG is easier in our instant gratification society these days?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Look I was just responding to where’s Piero? Comment.. And I gave my honest answer. The H.A.M.B. is a different place then it was and I still have love and respect but it also driven a lot of us old HAMB guys away.. I can speak for many of them! You know I take my time to do a cool post add photos tell a story and then gets shit on and deleted then what’s the point. I never got online and bashed the H.A.M.B. or talked shit unlike others either so I’m sorry your tired of folks coming on and shiting on the H.A.M.B. but I didn’t do that I was just answering where I am.
    My job is to produce content for us car guys and if people a not wanting it here then I’ll do it somewhere else... and that’s what I did.. no hard feelings no shit talking on social media just went to where my hard work is appreciated and not seen as spamming..

That being said I will make more of an effort and share stuff on here as well.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Outback, Stogy, Shutter Speed and 8 others like this.
  27. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Piero,I hope you do.Your threads were one of the biggest reasons I got hooked on the Hamb in the first place.How is that Blue coupe?Caddy running well?

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and panhead_pete like this.
  28. rudestude

rudestude

Holly crap....I must missed something , somewhere about this thread...guess that's what I get for not reading all of its contents first.
    I just thought it was a story on the "Tweetie Pie - T " by Ed Roth.
    I was doing a build on the car in the form of a 1/25th scale plastic model kit and saw the post about the cars frame and through my two cents in as seen in my version in plastic form....wow .thanks for the response back...as it does seem to be a fairly accurate version of the real thing.....but apparently this thread has something else going on for its agenda or someone is thinking that it does....anyways it too bad this stuff gets started...I'm out of here...before I get made part of it....

Sent from my SM-J737V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I will and thanks! Yeah Live Wire was sold a while ago and lived in Florida and was sold again and now is in Dallas.. still
    Looks the same.. the new owner is working on a few things and will be put back rolling soon!

Stogy, rod1 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Awesome love the building the model kit.. I did the Bob Johnston version :) IMG_4536.JPG

Stogy and rudestude like this.