Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs finishing off my 38 chevee project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nunattax, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. stella artois? good beer but I expected to see something else.;)

Leakie, TFoch and nunattax like this.
  2. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

good beer is right you dont miss much.it the loss leader at my local supermarket.i could pay double for a lesser beer.that one was for winding down at the end of the evening

Nicholas Coe, Leakie and tb33anda3rd like this.
  3. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

still winding down!

Leakie and TFoch like this.
  4. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

insulated passenger door panel.,added two extra screws at the front and one at the rear.recovered the hole around the lock lever.plan is to get a piece turned to imitate the other side they will never know ill soon forget about it.maybe start paint tomorrow passenger door door panel shots 001.JPG passenger door door panel shots 001.JPG passenger door door panel shots 002.JPG passenger door door panel shots 003.JPG

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  5. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

no painting today too cold.gave the tacho a trial run.bracketry is on the light side and doesnt like to fit on a trad column.could end up making my own brackets bosch tacho trial fit 001.JPG

TFoch, j hansen, Leakie and 1 other person like this.
  6. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thats another time consuming project i didnt think id be doing.it looked sweet in the jegs catalogue.!!

TFoch likes this.
  7. nothing good comes easy

TFoch, Leakie and nunattax like this.
  8. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

you got that right.the brackets are suited to a bigger diameter tube.ive a lovely plain clamp thats been soaking in marine clean for weeks.would need a weld though but be worth the effort.wheres the camera. id need to pull the column and slide it up from the bottom.

TFoch likes this.
  9. Leakie

Leakie

One step forward, two steps backwards....

nunattax likes this.
  10. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

HOW MUCH ?....3 shillings a gallon ,robbery inchegeela 001.JPG
    went looking for the history on the pump,but the guy wasnt at home .will call again

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  11. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

on my spin today i expected the tacho to be vibrating but it looked fine for the present could try wiring it up.

TFoch, Leakie, Nicholas Coe and 2 others like this.
  12. I love those signs! I'm a big advertising collector. Especially Irish stuff!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

nunattax likes this.
  13. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

went spinning today inchegeela 003.JPG inchegeela 009.JPG inchegeela 007.JPG inchegeela 015.JPG

TFoch, Leakie and Nicholas Coe like this.
  14. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

You live in a beautiful and interesting country. Our trip there was wonderful. Meeting you really made it a fun trip. Building a hot rod here can be difficult at times but it is a walk in the park when you compare that to building one in Ireland. I enjoy reading about your build and how you solve the various mechanical problems. I hope you find time to sit down and have an adult beverage from time to time.:)

nunattax likes this.
  15. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thanx bud where theres a will there s a way.twas fun meeting you as well.chris

16. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

wheel bearings sounded like work today so i continued with the second door stencil.took a tracing from my sign and had it photocopied then enlarged x4.was interested in keeping the proportions correct.old logo it has changed a little over the years.we will do the older one. this time i will use the compass and blade to cut the stencil. ATTACH=full]5034077[/ATTACH] firestone stensil day 1 002.JPG

Attached Files:

TFoch, Leakie, j hansen and 2 others like this.
  17. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

continued with the Firestone logo . i had it photocopied and enlarged 10%.found a script on the net similar to the one on my sign.saved me tracing it. had that printed in a few sizes.when i offered up i decided to stretch the print by 5mm between each letter getting nearer the mark.a little more photocopying tomorrow.drilled and tapped two more screws into the lockrail just in front of the lock.much more solid this time .dont want it cracking again.these extra screws should dissapear once its all painted firestone logo day 2 005.JPG firestone logo day 2 004.JPG firestone logo day 2 001.JPG

Leakie, j hansen, TFoch and 1 other person like this.
  18. bubba55

bubba55

Ahh man I was thinking the F stood for Fawker not Firestone

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

19. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

ha ha ha bubba herself said why are you putting ferrari on it!!!

TFoch likes this.
  20. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

im not expecting the door panel to crack again.not 100% original but small improvments will preserve the panel. a few dots of Loctite 222 will save the day.

Leakie, Nicholas Coe and TFoch like this.
  21. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

moving on.enlarged the script x 10%.thats stuck to the masking tape.the shield was annoying me it didnt look right.checked it and one side of the top was 3/8"longer than the other.ill be correcting that when i cut.now just have to locate the centre of the new curve so i can cut the curve with my new compass and blade for a clean cut.like to get most miles per shilling on the bottom but that means taking a tracing and a little photocopying. firestone day3 001.JPG firestone day3 002.JPG firestone day3 003.JPG

22. You're getting good at this! Nice work!

nunattax likes this.
  23. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thanx man its easier second time around ,im enjoying it.!!

Nicholas Coe and TFoch like this.
  24. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

calculated where the centre i needed was .drew the curve with my carpenters compass and a fine tipped biro and cut freehand with a scalpel..cutting 2 layers of tape steadied the scalpel and gave a clean cut.started cutting out the script but my back called it a day need to move to the kitchen table where else.its quiet there today DIXIE died today at the vets with a twisted stomach a common problem with german shepherds.rock on DIXIE.! firestone 4 001.JPG firestone 4 002.JPG

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  25. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert

Sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a loved pet.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

tough indeed,but he had a great life.

27. sorry to hear about Dixie

28. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thanx man, short life pity we didnt breed him that was planned but covid put a stop to that chris

29. Sorry about your dog.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

30. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

thanx keith he was from a show line very handsome,but fragile healthwise. killed with kindness maybe.