Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Sports Rod Search Party

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Apr 9, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Sports Rod Search Party

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

To me many of the cars built in this vein lack cohesiveness and good execution.
    This one actually looks well thought out and built and that just may have given it a better chance of surviving.
    I kind of like it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interersting car, its the 2nd wrap around front frame I've seen this week having never noticed one before. Thanks for pointing that out.

craig b blue likes this.
  4. Thanks for adding a little muscle to this search. I love the chase for old iron.

chryslerfan55 and jim snow like this.

5. loudbang

loudbang

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Can't help with a lead, but I love the look of this car - seems to be very nicely crafted. The rear fender treatment is very similar to Kurtis sports cars and the front fenders remind me most of Lotus 7s, cut-down stockers that won't hold a lot of air, but are still good for catching stones and reducing water spray, and don't add unsprung weight to the front end. The curved rail front is very oval track, early sprint car stuff. Have you looked at this thread?https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/specials.720448/

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  7. Hmmm, looks like a boat windshield

8. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

More than likely no more than a similarity but didnt kiwi squeak bell have a roadster with door cutouts like this?I remember he made removable fillers but cant remember the shape of the cutouts.Johnny

9. Rustygt

Rustygt
    from Emeryville

There was similar looking one at the last show Keith Tardel did up in nor cal 10 years ago or more

10. catdad49

catdad49

It sure would be nice to know more about this one, it definitely looks like a fun and sporty ride!

J.Ukrop likes this.
  11. Ianjaylights

Ianjaylights

Thank you for the write up Joey! It was very kind of you and certainly gave this search some horsepower. The roadster definitely is unique. As we know, these cars undergo changes over the years and often times get reinvented. They gain and lose characteristics, but with this one, the door treatment will be hard to change.

I couldn’t help but get caught up in the hunt and spread the word. I have asked a few local guys who were around at the time, and haven’t had much luck yet. I’ll keep you guys updated

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49 and J.Ukrop like this.
  12. Ianjaylights

Ianjaylights

I know Ed’s son, Eric, sure would be happy to find out what happened to it. He’s 77 now and got to drive it before his dad sold it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

catdad49 and J.Ukrop like this.