Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Your opinion on triple duece carb kits?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Doug Sonnenberg, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Doug Sonnenberg

Doug Sonnenberg

***updated***scroll to the bottom to see what i got!

hi, im looking for advice on a good triple duece carburator kit that is going on my 1956 hemi 270. where have you guys picked up your carbs and what is your opinion on best make? i would like to find a carb kit/supplier with all the fuel lines and linkage aswell

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I built this 315 Dodge a few years ago for a friend. If my memory serves, he ordered the entire induction system from Larry Fulton and Automotion Rochester Carburetor Service. It wasn't cheap, but it was right, tight, and ready to run.

http://hotrodcarbs.com/store/

[​IMG]

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Compete kits,are put together an sold by https://vintagespeed.com/
    I been told they are good an can do custom combos.
    Speedway an Jegs,may get what they sell from there?
    I never had the high $s for any kits,my self so made up my own out of what I could get cheap. But did leve me to do all my own tuning.
    Even made'/fab. my own log intake,fuel log an linage. Lot of work n time,but not many $ for my 4x2 on Ford Y-block.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  4. Doug Sonnenberg

Doug Sonnenberg

thank you for the recommendation. your dodge 318 looks amazing!

loudbang likes this.

5. Doug Sonnenberg

Doug Sonnenberg

right on, thanks for the recommendation.

Deuces, loudbang and dana barlow like this.
  6. RodStRace

RodStRace

One suggestion I'd make for any expensive purchase that you might make is to try the help/support line for the product/service before buying.
    If it has no answer, long queues and/or little help, I'd move on to the next offering.

7. Blake 27

Blake 27

I agree, Larry Fulton jets the carbs for your application. In my case he asked about engine size, cam choice, etc.
    The set-up came perfectly jetted with first class hardware. After 16 years use I've had no problems!

Deuces, loudbang and Budget36 like this.
  8. Good GAWD don't send the poor guy to Charlie Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please search him up here on the board, been consistant giving folks crappy product and service for over 20 years!

seabeecmc, Corn Fed, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  9. Anyone use the aluminum base kit from Vintage Speed. I have some from the early 2000's (new) and was wondering about the longevity of them.

Tman is right, that's why I wondering about my base kit.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Almostdone

Almostdone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best to check the referenced thread on the topic as suggested, but Charlie’s been OK with me, though he did give me a dressing down for not being clear about my application - I probably deserved it.

John

dana barlow likes this.
  11. Doug Sonnenberg

Doug Sonnenberg

i was looking at there products, very expensive it seems. especially since im from canada and our dollar sucks. but i guess you get what you pay for.

OLD REK and loudbang like this.
  12. Doug Sonnenberg

Doug Sonnenberg

thats too bad he has such poor reviews, his products seemed fairly priced. I will have to do further investigation on them because there pricing does seem resonable

loudbang likes this.
  13. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

210superair, loudbang, XXL__ and 3 others like this.
  14. Yeah, hit the search function. About 1 in 10 seem to have a good experience.

Corn Fed, loudbang and clem like this.
  15. silent rick

silent rick

16. clem

clem

old saying- you get what you pay for......

17. OLD REK is a member on here who lives in Canada and advertises multi carb set ups fairly often. I can’t speak to his work as I never have had the need for what he offers but I would give him a holler and perhaps discuss options. You might do a search for him on here, everything I’ve seen looks 1st class. Besides he’s up in your country. Canada.

kens94s@ hotmail.com
    might work.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    OLD REK, loudbang and Doug Sonnenberg like this.
  18. OLD REK, Doug Sonnenberg and loudbang like this.
  19. OLD REK

OLD REK

loudbang and Doug Sonnenberg like this.
  20. Doug Sonnenberg

Doug Sonnenberg

A big thank you to @OLD REK for building my triple duece setup for my roadster hemi build. Absolutely gorgeous work and a great guy to deal with. If anyone here needs a sweet carb setup give this guy a call. Here are some pics of the workmanship 20210607_191838.jpg 20210607_191858.jpg

21. Blake 27

Blake 27

I want to amend my response. I did have an issue with fuel percolation, probably due to ethanol in today's shitty gas.
    I called Larry Fulton and he sent me a spacer kit consisting of three spacers, six gaskets, longer studs, and nuts. Problem solved!
    DSC08704.JPG DSC08705.JPG DSC08706.JPG DSC08707.JPG

22. clem

clem

Ken, - that is a nice set up.
    I have searched your content on here and found that you never really comment on carb set ups.
    I (and I suspect others), - would like to hear your opinions on some of the multiple carb set up threads on here.
    Just how you set up your carbs, jet sizing, power valves, when do secondary kick in, etc, would be appreciated.

I am in the process of setting up 3 x 1&1/16 Holley, running 2 primary (possibly) and tipping in middle carb, although now considering running centre primary and tipping in outside 2.

thanks, Clemens

stillrunners and osut362 like this.
  23. OLD REK

OLD REK

Hello Clemens,

Everyone has opinions on everything, and lots of them enjoy expressing them to anyone who will listen.
    I do much more listening than talking, and I let my products speak for themselves.

Thank you,

KenO

egads, stillrunners, clem and 2 others like this.
  24. clem

clem

Ken, reading between the lines a little - I was guessing that.
    30 years ago a friend of mine said something similar, - that you learn more from listening than from talking, - he said people like to talk, so he lets them - and he does the listening. - he knew a lot......

I have learned a bit last year just from looking at your carb setups, - even considered getting one, but I know that between shipping and exchange rates, it will be too costly, so will persevere with mine.

Thanks for your reply.
    Clemens

25. hepme

hepme

I'm not sure what an alum. base kit is, but i have 2 big base ends from vintage that i bought right after they first came out-many years ago. They solved all my issues with vacuum leaking and I still use them on a 55 (avatar). Alum. base and brass 'flys, sealed great. But, like the others said, beware of Price-and be ready to wait..

26. It's the carb bases for small Roch 2 jets (2 outer and 1 center, aluminum bases).