Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lost my dad today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greener200, Apr 5, 2021.

1. My condolences, sorry for your loss. Prayers sent your way.. God Bless

2. Sorry for your loss, it has been a bad week here as well. My dad fought cancer for 10 years and beat it. Now two years later he was having troubles with his knees and fell down the basement stairs on Friday. He was diagnose with a bleed on the brain which could not be stopped, he passed Tuesday night. Let us remember the good times we had, the tough times we endured and the knowledge he passed on to us, they will never be forgotten. God Bless.

chryslerfan55, trollst and Studegator like this.
  3. 1952henry

1952henry

I am sorry for your loss.

4. 6sally6

6sally6

Just knowing he was "a-boat-sailor".makes him special in my book!(me too!)
    Sounds like you had some great times and made some memories for your lifetime.
    Sad part is.......if we live long enough, we all get a turn.
    Lost my Dad several years ago. Some days......out of the blue...I really miss him still.
    Hang in there.....it gets easier after a while.
    6sally6

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

So, so sorry you lost your Dad, he loved you, you know that right.
    Dude, it was the worst day in my life when my Pops passed in 1987.......

6. loudbang

loudbang

Sorry for your loss. Mine was just 52 and it was 45 years ago this week and I still "talk" to him in my head almost every day. :(

7. Sorry for your loss as well. You are in our prayers.
    Here at the H.A.M.B. we are a big family. Please reach out if there is anything that we can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Crocodile

Crocodile

My sincere condolences on the loss of your Dad. It is not easy. I lost my Dad, 84 years of age, one month ago today to Alzheimer's. He was my hero and had the biggest influence on who I am today.
    I am happy to hear that your Dad's 35 will remain in the family. I think it is important that a reminder like that stays around.
    It will be a while yet before I go pick up my Dad's Forty. It will be really "final" for me when it comes out of his garage, and I am not quite ready yet.
    I wish I had some kind of great advise on how to deal with the loss, but I am still figuring it out myself. I do know that good friends will listen, and it helps. Don't be afraid to talk to them.

9. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

Sorry to hear that, our prayers go out to you and your family. The sadness is an indicator of how happy your times together were, and I hope that remembering those times will help lessen some of the pain. Take care!

10. So sorry for your and your family's loss.
    He's gone in the flesh, but he will be your wing man
    forever. Take comfort in that.
    My dad has been gone almost 50 years and what I still hear
    him say still matters.
    God bless.

chryslerfan55 and buddyamigo like this.
  11. sacminiwheels

sacminiwheels

Sorry for your loss greener200, sounds like he was a good man. May he rest in peace.

12. Lost my dad 20 years ago so I know how it hurts.
    Remember the good times you had with him. You’ll always share them in your memories.

13. chargin03

chargin03

14. 1940Willys

1940Willys

15. greener200

greener200

Thank you all for the time and words..It has helped me more than you know . This place has been a great refuge for my brain, to think of something else .Thank you again Mike

Sent from my SM-A215U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Truck64, 51504bat and Tony Martino like this.
  16. cmcleish

cmcleish
    from Ohio

Sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in 2017 and went through a rough stretch. Still not right but I just focus on turning wrenches. Dad always said this life is just a trial run for the next and we would all be together again someday. I choose to believe it.

17. Matthew Greenwell

Matthew Greenwell
    from Poole, UK

That really sucks, man. Sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family. His '35 looks awesome. I hope you get to keep it in the family. Time doesn't make it any easier, but it does give you the tools to cope with the loss. Just remember all the good times, and as long as he's in your heart, he'll always be with you.

18. downlojoe33

downlojoe33

Sorry for your loss, I wish I could say it gets better. But if you had a good father, and a good relationship with him, it doesn't. Time only passes and that dulls the pain. Lost my Dad in '87 and still miss him, think about him almost every day, and continue to apologize to him for all the hell I put him through growing up.:confused:

20. Sorry for your lost May he rest in peace . Rest assure he is in heaven and we are all are rejoined there .

21. MIHooper

MIHooper
    from Philly

Sorry for you loss. Condolences from my family to yours. RIP, Sir!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

22. -Brent-

-Brent-

Sorry for your loss. Hearing about fathers, like yours, always inspires me to do my best to be one of those dads.

slim38 likes this.
  23. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

My prayers are with you tom

24. So sorry for your loss. My dad passed two years ago. We shared the love of old cars, and he was part of the reason I bought my first old car....to work on it together. I hope you get to keep his 35 and cherish the memories with every drive.

25. oscar garcia

oscar garcia
    from Oxnard,CA

My condolences for your loss sounds like had an awesome Dad, Very nice story stay strong

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.