Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. I’m pretty new to the community and at age 31 bought myself my first old car... it’s nothing ground shattering but it’s been a learning process and I’ve loved every minute of it. I grew up around classic cars and have helped build quite a few as my family has always been involved in the car scene. My car is a 1950 Mercury with a 350 Chevy and a 700r 4 trans, basically rendering it hated by both Ford and Chevy guys. It’s also got a Farman Fabrications subframe and a Gm 10 bolt rear, a/c, power steering, disc brakes, vintage air and a tilt column. I wanted a reliable, fun cruiser that I can drive anywhere and I feel like I’m almost there.
    If your still reading, thanks for letting me join and I hope someone else out there appreciates my pride and joy. From the streets of Pa, stay safe.

Attached Files:

2. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats ! Nice Ride ! Enjoy !

3. It is a nice looking car. Enjoy it.

4. High test 63

High test 63

Welcome... nothing makes a ford go like Chevy power! Lol.

Sandgroper likes this.

5. Matthew Greenwell

Matthew Greenwell
    from Poole, UK

Very cool Merc you have there. I'd love to have had something like that when I was your age. I've never understood why so many (but not all) car guys in the US are so polarized, and show loyalty to one manufacture and hate all others. After all, all manufacturers have brought out awesome AND really bad cars. I'm new on here too (been a week or two), but have yet to introduce myself. I will get around to it though, once I've figured out what to say about myself!

6. Welcome to the HAMB from Illinois.
    Really nice ride. Perfect for a young family, but one this older guy would be proud to cruise!