Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Plymouth Parking

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Mar 5, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Plymouth Parking

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Neat details and neat story as well :)

3. 5window

5window

Nice car in a perfect setting. It's amazing you could track down the details. I don't even know who built my car that long ago. Thanks.

chryslerfan55 and hotrodjack33 like this.
  4. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I'm not one to dislike white-walls and steel wheels on vintage cars, but damn they need to put the Torque-thrusts back on that thing!

5. 2935ford

2935ford

^^^^^
    Maybe just a different color on the steelies?

6. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

i donated a 1930 mopar four door body w/ doors to a club's "ronald mc donald" charity auction...
    alas, they sold it for $50.00

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. silverdome

silverdome

A bit of a rough old bird but I can appreciate it. Looks like it would be fun to drive around without worrying about scratching or denting it. I might have to upgrade it to a Red Ram Hemi or a Poly motor though along with a manual tranny.

8. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dig it! I love the early '70s style rods. And I'm pretty sure Plymouths always had hydraulic brakes.

9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, those young guys with "memorys"
    that still work...bastards;)
    Naw...that's a good color;)
    32c.jpg

chryslerfan55 and 5window like this.
  10. hotrod fever

hotrod fever

Great read and pics thanks

11. chiro

chiro

I was looking for and at that era Mopar two door sedans when I was contemplating my Hot Rod build 10 or more years ago. It was my understanding back then that the six cylinder versions were indeed factory juice brakes. I do like the body styling on the old Mopars.
    Andy

12. PhredH

PhredH

Four Door Friday? ... Right On!
    '37 Plymouth P4 was my first car in 1976. It sported some Cragars for a bit!
    Peace,
    Phred

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Neat old get around Rod. The license plate is interesting "357 PAM". I envision a pistol packing bad girl. Or maybe even Polythene Pam...

14. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2021-3-14_5-17-29.png
    Hello,

This San Francisco story rings plenty of bells for me. Our family history goes back to the 50s when our dad would drive us all over San Francisco to see every part of the city on our long vacations. As 20 somethings in college, just down the Bayshore Freeway, we visited some friends and their homes were those tall skinny ones with a one car garage.

Then when my wife and I were 20 somethings, our itinerary was always being lured into San Francisco for rock music shows, photo ops and long vacations. We liked those tall skinny old homes stuck to each other. When we saw one that was fixed up, our thoughts ran to buying one and moving out of So Cal. We loved the Northern California area, but this would have been a drastic move. At the time, we had discovered a coastal northern California community about an hour up the coast, so we changed our minds about living in those tall S.F. homes.

I told her that when I was a little toddler, my mom was angry at me for destroying a lath and plaster wall in our craftsman home in the Westside of Long Beach. When she said she did not know who I was. My answer was “I am George from San Francisco.” I have no idea where that came from, but, I just blurted it out. She realized her mistake and with a surprise look, came over and hugged me with tears.

So, much to my surprise in college, we were invited to come to dinner at one of those tall skinny homes. It was quite something. 4 steps and one went from a wall to the next. But, the interior of the three-story building was immaculate and stunning. It was just that it was not what we normally think of as a house that is spread out.

Jnaki

It takes some mind set to actually live in those tall skinny buildings. But, it still is home to plenty of people now and throughout history. Having driven into a single car garage for plenty of times, it just is not the roomy two car garage of current times for us. But, to each, his/her own…YRMV

Hnstray and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  15. Neglected Legacies

Neglected Legacies
    from Nor Cal

HA! -- endangeredspecies.jpg You found my old car -- here is another pic.......

J.Ukrop, 48fordnut, Baumi and 4 others like this.